Achilles

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thank you! Much appreciated.

You welcome...

To everyone, how long does it take you to download all the comics? I'm averaging 50 around seconds... but then again my internet connection is pretty miserable.. I'm just wondering because I don't know if anyone else would see the reason that I should create a GUI so that you can select which comics you want..

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

today's achewood comic was too big for my screen...may be helpful to add a scroll bar if needed

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Wow! You're fast :D

Thanks!

Your new explosm link finder is greatly coded!

Thanks to you too! :D

today's achewood comic was too big for my screen...may be helpful to add a scroll bar if needed

I've thought about doing that but I wouldn't have any idea how to.

Updated

There is now a GUI that will let you select which comics you want. The progress bar is also now contained on that GUI. An ini file saves a history of what comics you like and don't like so you don't have to select each time. The code for the program has been significantly reduced again... It's now more orientated towards the individual functions (my learning of OOP affects my AutoIt scripting...).

As always, thanks for the replies and let me know if you encounter any bugs or want any comics added.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Get Fuzzy seems to mess things up. I can retrieve all comics except Get Fuzzy, which produces a blank tab. If Get Fuzzy is added to the list of comics to download and view, all tabs up to and including Get Fuzzy are blank. The two after Get Fuzzy are the only ones shown.

Yes, a scrollbar would be nice if you can figure that one out.

Nice work on the script. I really enjoy this one. :D

Re: scrollbars...what if instead of using pic controls to show the comics, you wrote temporary html files and displayed them through an IE COM object on each tab...then it would add the scroll bar as necessary, automatically.

Is it purposeful that your GUI doesn't add a taskbar button? It's easy enough to fix in the code, but it's kind of annoying for a default style. Did you have a reason for doing that?

One more thought for an addition...what if you added a 'previous' button that would let you view past comics (maybe up to 30 days...most places probably don't keep their old comics online past that anyway) by just subtracting the number of days from today's date and reloading the appropriate files for that date?

And I see a blank tab for Get Fuzzy, but everything before and after it works. I've selected Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, Garfield, Get Fuzzy and Peanuts.

Edited by james3mg
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

It's working now!

Get Fuzzy seems to mess things up. I can retrieve all comics except Get Fuzzy, which produces a blank tab. If Get Fuzzy is added to the list of comics to download and view, all tabs up to and including Get Fuzzy are blank. The two after Get Fuzzy are the only ones shown.

Yes, a scrollbar would be nice if you can figure that one out.

Nice work on the script. I really enjoy this one. :D

Can confirm the same problem here, everything worked fine until the new GUI came along.

Thanks, that made finding the problem really easy.

Re: scrollbars...what if instead of using pic controls to show the comics, you wrote temporary html files and displayed them through an IE COM object on each tab...then it would add the scroll bar as necessary, automatically.

I might try that if Achewood keeps on producing massive comics strips.

Is it purposeful that your GUI doesn't add a taskbar button? It's easy enough to fix in the code, but it's kind of annoying for a default style. Did you have a reason for doing that?

I think you mean a tray icon because there is definitely a taskbar item for this, just like most GUI's. If that's not what you mean let me know, but if it is what you mean then yes, I do hide it on purpose because it would serve no purpose in this script.

I'll look into your suggestion.