Ay-eye-Pad

sandman

AIPad  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Tabs : Top or Bottom?

• Keep them at the bottom!
    • I like the conventional top style better.
  2. 2. Do you think this should literally replace notepad (overwriting the file)?

• Yes, just back up the original Notepad, of course.
    • No, I'd rather have it as just an alternative.
  3. 3. Sacrifice showing hotkeys in menus for icons?

• Yes
    • No

So here's some of the stuff to be excited for in the next release (probably a 2.0 release):

• Save All Tabs
  • Keep on Top
  • New preferences window
  • Recent Files list
  • Installer!
  • spell checker (available as an extra)
  • More translations
  • Sessions!!!
  • UNIX / Mac File support
There may be more, my memory is pretty bad in the morning :)

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now the save function works, I had to put the .aip extention after the file name, thats why it wouldn't save for me. What do you plan to use as a spell checker?

I was thinking about Aspell, but I might change.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

The AIPad 2.0 release (yes, I am aware I skipped about 900 releases from 1.1.6) will be out soon, and this will actually be marketed, replacing the "legacy" 1.1.6 (which will be a VERY tough job, I submitted 1.1.6 to about 10 different download sites!)

I have made the 1.9.999 prerelease available on the SVN, and I would appreciate it if I could get a few people to test it out for me. Here are the new features to look for that differentiates it from 1.1.6 (just the changelog in a list):

• Removed Format menu
  • Added Insert Symbol function
  • Changed icon*
  • Fixed bug where main GUI would not respond when other dialogs were open (Find, Find and Replace, etc.)
  • Added UNIX file support
  • Removed bug where language would be overwritten if not selected in Prefs. window
  • Reduced memory usage by ~6000K
  • Added menu icons
  • Fixed bug where new tabs would "merge" with other tabs
  • Fixed two bugs with saving files
  • Sessions!
  • Added Esperanto language
  • New case functions (All upper, all lower, invert, randomize, alternating)
  • Fixed a TON of bugs with command-line launch
  • Other general bugfixes
You can download it from the SVN:

Source: http://ayeyepad.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc...au3?revision=30

Executable: http://ayeyepad.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc...exe?revision=30

^^ Executable is recommended so you don't have to scrounge for every include unless you just want to see how something works :)

* If anyone is interested, I need someone to make an AIPad icon and maybe logo too. If you haven't noticed, the AIPad website is missing a logo ;)

Thanks for all the enthusiasm with this project. :P

Edited by sandman

I just tried it, some menu's languages are gibberish and its very unresponsive. And it froze.

:)

Can you give some more details here? What gibberish? ;) When did it freeze?

Also, the defaults: OS? Executable or Source? If Source, what AutoIt version? I'm not experiencing any of the problems you're describing on my computer.

Edited by sandman

Here it is, all nice and zipped.

Make sure to put it in fullscreen when you play it!

http://h1.ripway.com/mrreno/AIPad.zip

I was surprised by the excellent quality of the video that is so small.

Ah, so just '-1'?

yes, but It did freeze earlier.

That means you have an old version of the language file. AHA! I know. You downloaded the executable and ran it, which downloaded the English lang file on its first boot. However I hadn't updated the official language files as this isn't an official release. If you delete english.xml from the lang directory of your AIPad installation and run it again, it should work.

Okay, so when did it freeze?

when I clicked preferences

Ah.. well at that time it reads INI preferences and downloads a small file containing a list of languages. Were you connected to the internet at the time? Launching Preferences with a clean installation of AIPad doesn't cause any problems here.

Um... I downloaded the English Lang Pack, and the menu straight after edit and before help is -1...

Try redownloading. It might have been before I uploaded the updated prerelease language file. And make sure it is in the lang directory.

What would you like the logo and icon to look like,? Any ideas?

Uh.. something involving a text pad.. Maybe something looking like this?

And IconMenu.au3 can be found here.

Edited by sandman