Ay-eye-Pad

sandman

AIPad  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Tabs : Top or Bottom?

• Keep them at the bottom!
    • I like the conventional top style better.
  2. 2. Do you think this should literally replace notepad (overwriting the file)?

• Yes, just back up the original Notepad, of course.
    • No, I'd rather have it as just an alternative.
  3. 3. Sacrifice showing hotkeys in menus for icons?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1.1.6.1 beta released. Get it at the SVN. Or diff from 1.1.6 here.

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

i find it kinda wierd but after some HD diging i found a old script (26. mai 2007, 23:24:15) that i made...

i never posted it because i didnt think i was usfull at the time.

kinda funny :)

PS: i only changed 1 thing befor i posted this and that was GUICtrlSetResizing(-1,102)

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#Include <GuiTab.au3>

Global $Edit[99999]
$y = 0
$sizex = 630
$sizey = 440

$Form1 = GUICreate("A-Pad", 630, 440,-1,-1,$WS_SIZEBOX)

$mainmenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu")
$new = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("New",$mainmenu)
$open = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Open",$mainmenu)
$save = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Save",$mainmenu)
$exit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit",$mainmenu)

$Tab = GUICtrlCreateTab(5,5,10,30)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1,102)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Untitled")
$edit[$y] = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 5, 27, $sizex-10, $sizey-80)
$Tabmenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($Tab)
$Tab_Delete = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Delete",$Tabmenu)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $Winsize = WinGetPos($Form1)
    if $Winsize[2] <> $sizex or $Winsize[3] <> $sizey Then
        $sizex = $Winsize[2] 
        $sizey = $Winsize[3] 
        GUICtrlSetPos($Tab,5,5,$sizex-15,30)
        For $x = 1 to $y
            GUICtrlSetPos($edit[$x], 5, 27, $sizex-15, $sizey-85)
        Next
    EndIf
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $exit
            Exit
        Case $open
            $File = FileOpenDialog("A-Pad","","(*.apad)")
            if not @error Then
                    $y+= 1
                    $Size = WinGetPos($Form1)
                    $File2 = StringSplit($File,"\")
                    GUICtrlCreateTabItem(StringTrimRight($File2[$File2[0]],5))
                    $edit[$y] = GUICtrlCreateEdit(FileRead($File), 5, 27, $size[2]-10, $size[3]-50)
            EndIf
        Case $save
            $File = FileSaveDialog("A-Pad",@DesktopCommonDir,"(*.apad)")
            if FileExists($File) Then
                FileDelete($File)
            EndIf
            $Temp = StringSplit($File,".")
            if $Temp[$Temp[0]] = "apad" Then
                FileWrite($File,GUICtrlRead($Edit[_GUICtrlTabGetCurSel($Tab)]))
            Else
                FileWrite($File & ".apad",GUICtrlRead($Edit[_GUICtrlTabGetCurSel($Tab)]))
            EndIf
        Case $new
            $y+= 1
            $Size = WinGetPos($Form1)
            GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Untitled")
            $edit[$y] = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",5, 27, $size[2]-10, $size[3]-80)
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by Alek

[font="Impact"]Never fear, I is here.[/font]

How did you get the context menu when you right click files to open with aipad?

EDIT: I looked at the source, but nothing for a context menu was there, was it with an older version?

Make a key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*/shell/Open with AIPad/Command, value name "", value type REG_SZ, value value C:/Program Files/AIPad/AIPad.exe "%1"

It's in the installer, not the code, that's why.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Very important question here.... Currently the AIPad menus show the command and the hotkey to use it (if there is one). Would you rather see those shortcuts, or pretty little Linux-style icons (or a different style if you guys can give me a download link)?

It's in the poll if you didn't notice. Please vote there.

Edited by sandman

Oh.. :)

Hmm... you can go here.. I made one on the actual AyEyePad site.

Edited by sandman

The page is not working for me. I'm getting a javascript error, line 32, character 26: object expected. I had to go to the sourceforge project page to get at the files.

Hmm.. I have not looked through the whole thread, is everything supposed to be working? Cus I got a few errors.

- Not working: Edit>Select All and Redo; Format>Font

- General Errors: Was told I couldn't close my last tab, I had 3 open...

- AutoIt Errors:

--- Ctrl+O throws an error (variable used without being declared) although using the menu manually works fine.

--- Ctrl+N, Ctrl+Shift+X, Ctrl+N = Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

- You should set explicit accelerators for the menu items (&File, &Edit, F&ormat) so we can access them with keyboard only (this one is just preference).

- And of course, while your application is running no other program can use those hotkeys. <-- This is why AutoIt needs real accelerators! (Not your problem).

I wasn't sure which release was the one I should use, so I checked both. Initially I grabbed the installer, which turned out to be the right one cus the other link didn't work properly. All your menus and menu items are "-1". :)

*Edit: Nevermind, I see what happened here. I didn't run the standalone from the installed folder so it didn't find any language files. You should maybe have even the standalone FileInstall a default language file to use, just so it never ends up all -1's.

And I'm not trying to poop on it, it looks like a good app and a lot of work has gone into it. Just trying to help you find the nitpicks.

Edited by Saunders

The page is not working for me. I'm getting a javascript error, line 32, character 26: object expected. I had to go to the sourceforge project page to get at the files.

Hmm.. I have not looked through the whole thread, is everything supposed to be working? Cus I got a few errors.

- Not working: Edit>Select All and Redo; Format>Font

- General Errors: Was told I couldn't close my last tab, I had 3 open...

- AutoIt Errors:

--- Ctrl+O throws an error (variable used without being declared) although using the menu manually works fine.

--- Ctrl+N, Ctrl+Shift+X, Ctrl+N = Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

- You should set explicit accelerators for the menu items (&File, &Edit, F&ormat) so we can access them with keyboard only (this one is just preference).

- And of course, while your application is running no other program can use those hotkeys. <-- This is why AutoIt needs real accelerators! (Not your problem).

I wasn't sure which release was the one I should use, so I checked both. Initially I grabbed the installer, which turned out to be the right one cus the other link didn't work properly. All your menus and menu items are "-1". :P

And I'm not trying to poop on it, it looks like a good app and a lot of work has gone into it. Just trying to help you find the nitpicks.

Lol, you pretty much just recited the to-do list. :)

Some of those bugs were fixed in the 1.1.6.1 beta release, but I am not getting as nearly as many errors here anyway. Some are fixed for the next big release (although I can't give that out yet :) )

And yes, I've noticed the accelerator thing.. while testing in SciTE when it was running I had absolutely no idea why none of my files were saving. (I use hotkeys, hotkeys, and more hotkeys :P )

And for where everything is -1... that's because everything displayed runs through a XML file. AIPad should have downloaded it on its first start. Hm.

I'll try to fix some of the rest for the next release.. but here's those generic questions:

What AutoIt version?

OS?

AIPad version?

Edited by sandman

Lol, you pretty much just recited the to-do list. :)

Some of those bugs were fixed in the 1.1.6.1 beta release, but I am not getting as nearly as many errors here anyway. Some are fixed for the next big release (although I can't give that out yet :) )

And yes, I've noticed the accelerator thing.. while testing in SciTE when it was running I had absolutely no idea why none of my files were saving. (I use hotkeys, hotkeys, and more hotkeys :P )

And for where everything is -1... that's because everything displayed runs through a XML file. AIPad should have downloaded it on its first start. Hm.

I'll try to fix some of the rest for the next release.. but here's those generic questions:

What AutoIt version?

OS?

AIPad version?

AutoIt shouldn't matter, as I only ran the compiled examples (didn't even touch the source code) but 3.2.8.1 just so you know. :P

AIPad version 1.1.6.1

As for this: "And for where everything is -1... that's because everything displayed runs through a XML file. AIPad should have downloaded it on its first start." yeah I edited my post above, but not before you replied I guess, what I had done was downloaded and installed, then ran, it worked fine. Then saw the standalone exe was newer so I downloaded and just ran from the directory it downloaded to without thinking. So of course, there was no language file for it to grab the menu text from. I moved it to the installed folder and it ran fine (menu wise, the other bugs were still present).

*Edit: Oh, and unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this bug "- General Errors: Was told I couldn't close my last tab, I had 3 open..."

Edited by Saunders

Okay... for the next release you'll be able to choose whether to show menu icons or not. Compromise! :)

Some of that stuff has been put on my to-do list:

• Save all
  • Keep on top
  • Add close option with right-click on a tab
  • Normal-looking preferences window
  • Recent Files
  • Insert date, timestamp, etc.
  • Change case of letters
  • Installer :)
Edited by sandman

Cool! :) I didn't even think of the "Add close option with right-click on a tab" Good idea tho. I am waiting til you figure out the text case thing tho. LOL That would be handy. One really big thing I have noticed is that this never ask you if you want to save your files before exiting. Is this just left off cause it would drive you nuts in the development stage or will it be a feature sometime down the road?

Cool! :) I didn't even think of the "Add close option with right-click on a tab" Good idea tho. I am waiting til you figure out the text case thing tho. LOL That would be handy. One really big thing I have noticed is that this never ask you if you want to save your files before exiting. Is this just left off cause it would drive you nuts in the development stage or will it be a feature sometime down the road?

It's working in the Close() function right now.. I'm just trying to find a way that's a bit more sturdy before I throw it out there. Right now it reads the file and the edit, and compares them... I could just use something simpler but I'm having a brain fart. :)