Achilles

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I got so many errors when I try to use your program:

Example:

Copy from desktop = FalseE:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LWinAPI.au3 (1867) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$iPID = $tPID.ID

$iPID = $tPID^ ERROR

Also when I create new desktop it doesn't show up in the list.

I think I am the only 1 that is having this problem.

Mind posting compiled version for me? :)

I'll try adding one... It would probably be a more 'clean' way of dealing with all the desktops.

Thanks!

Thanks... and is it possible to make it all in one file like it used to be!!!

Ok im 14 with a spelling age of a 9 year old... that explanes all my spelling mistakes

My terminology is lacking here. What is "$M"?

"M$" is Microsoft, and i highly doubt Microsoft will care. They have a power toy for desktops similar to this but im not a terrible fan of it and yours is obviously not a copy of it, its free anyway. dinodod was probably just poking fun at Microsoft, if not I still say have nothing to worry about.

Example:

Copy from desktop = FalseE:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LWinAPI.au3 (1867) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$iPID = $tPID.ID

$iPID = $tPID^ ERROR

Mind posting compiled version for me? :)

Run it in beta (Reading the first post of the thread you download things from is a good idea, it has also been mentioned to use beta for Auto3Lib in this thread, please read :-), no offense meant). Any way the error you are getting is referring to Auto3Lib's use of objects which is not implemented in the current stable release.

EDIT: missed that last bit lol "Also when I create new desktop it doesn't show up in the list.

I think I am the only 1 that is having this problem."

Ok, new problem, when i create a desktop the desktops i can choose from in the tray icon menu is unchanged, I have to close and restart the program to get the new desktops in the menu.

Thanks for noticing that, I've been to busy checking the new fixes that I didn't realize that this wasn't working. I've fixed that problem temporarily and plan to make a better adjustment later.

Are you using the latest copy?

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Example:

$iPID = $tPID.ID

$iPID = $tPID^ ERROR

Mind posting compiled version for me? :D

Sure I'll post the compiled one... that would probably make it simpler for a lot of people.

As to your problem I'm pretty sure smstroble (thanks smstroble!) covered it pretty good.

@smstroble

"M$" is Microsoft, and i highly doubt Microsoft will care. They have a power toy for desktops similar to this but im not a terrible fan of it and yours is obviously not a copy of it, its free anyway. dinodod was probably just poking fun at Microsoft, if not I still say have nothing to worry about.

Ahh.. ok. I've never even heard of Microsoft having something like this. :D I thought it was an original idea! :) Oh well...

EDIT: Completely off the topic but anybody know how to attach programs by a link? I would rather have them download this by clicking on a link (at the top of the page) then for them to have to scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Download Attachment"

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Excellent Work This Is Awesome!

One thing, i don't know if this is possible but i use the wallpaper changer powertoy and when using your program with the powertoy it doesn't work too well... 2 Ideas. First Idea, somehow make your program and the powertoy behave. Second Idea, replicate the powertoy in your program.

Thanks for including the compiled exe, i was having trouble as well.

Edit... I like yours better then yod'm 3d btw but his does give you a new taskbar; in that there is nothing there when you switch. Check out dexpot as well

Edited by mikeytown2

Excellent Work This Is Awesome!

One thing, i don't know if this is possible but i use the wallpaper changer powertoy and when using your program with the powertoy it doesn't work too well... 2 Ideas. First Idea, somehow make your program and the powertoy behave. Second Idea, replicate the powertoy in your program.

Thanks for including the compiled exe, i was having trouble as well.

Edit... I like yours better then yod'm 3d btw but his does give you a new taskbar; in that there is nothing there when you switch. Check out dexpot as well

Sweet, thanks for the compliments!

I have one question about powertoys... Did I miss something or does powertoys only contain a wallpaper switcher and a video screen saver? Because if that's all then I don't really understand why my program is being associated with it...

I'll admit yodm-3d has a cooler transition then mine but my purpose is completely different then it's. It switches windows, mine switches files/folders. I might try to have mine switch windows also... Not tonight though, stupid SAT's...

dexpot is pretty nice too, however it is more for hiding and showing windows.

So to get mine up to scratch with these "official" ones I'll need to hide the processes, make a gui, add a bunch of cool options.. and that's about it.

Thanks for the links mikeytown2...

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I have one question about powertoys... Did I miss something or does powertoys only contain a wallpaper switcher and a video screen saver? Because if that's all then I don't really understand why my program is being associated with it...

Your program and the wallpaper switcher do not work together. the powertoy stops working and your program works. I have found this to be true of any virtual desktop program, it breaks the wallpaper powertoy. I don't know if this is isolated to only my computer or whether the powertoy is at fault.

In short you could say i'm asking for a feature request... include a wallpaper switcher to your program, Another Switcher. I think it would add a lot to your Multiple Desktops program.

Your program and the wallpaper switcher do not work together. the powertoy stops working and your program works. I have found this to be true of any virtual desktop program, it breaks the wallpaper powertoy. I don't know if this is isolated to only my computer or whether the powertoy is at fault.

In short you could say i'm asking for a feature request... include a wallpaper switcher to your program, Another Switcher. I think it would add a lot to your Multiple Desktops program.

That does sound like a good idea. Looks I'm going to have a fun night! (SAT's are over :D )

I don't really have any idea how I would make my program and the microsoft wallpaper switcher be compatible. But, I will just add my own like you suggested. That should be an adequate way of solving the problem. :)

Woot a program of mine was reccomended! lol, should probably finish that project off, dont have a whole lot left to do.

If you want to include it in your script Piano_Man, go ahead, if you need any explaining, or fixes etc. on it I would be more than happy to help ya out there.

MUHAHAHAHAHA

nice!

I liked it. Good work!

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator

VW Bug user

Pinheiral (Pinewood) city:

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

I get all these errors when I try to run it:

+>17:00:32 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.8.1

>Running AU3Check (1.54.6.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(643,58) : ERROR: $LVFI_STRING previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $LVFI_STRING = 0x00002

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(644,58) : ERROR: $LVFI_PARTIAL previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $LVFI_PARTIAL = 0x00008

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(645,58) : ERROR: $LVFI_WRAP previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $LVFI_WRAP = 0x00020

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(656,57) : ERROR: $LVM_FINDITEM previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $LVM_FINDITEM = 0x100D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(1652,53) : ERROR: $VK_PRIOR previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $VK_PRIOR = 33

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(1653,53) : ERROR: $VK_NEXT previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $VK_NEXT = 34

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(1654,53) : ERROR: $VK_END previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $VK_END = 35

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(1656,53) : ERROR: $VK_LEFT previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $VK_LEFT = 37

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(1657,53) : ERROR: $VK_UP previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $VK_UP = 38

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(1658,53) : ERROR: $VK_RIGHT previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $VK_RIGHT = 39

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LConstants.au3(1659,53) : ERROR: $VK_DOWN previously declared as a 'Const'

Global Const $VK_DOWN = 40

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(5,10) : ERROR: can't open include file <A3LGDIPlus.au3>

#include <A3LGDIPlus.au3>

~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(6,10) : ERROR: can't open include file <A3LScreenCap.au3>

#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>

~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(228,33) : ERROR: _ListView_BeginUpdate(): undefined function.

_ListView_BeginUpdate($handle)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(241,31) : ERROR: _ListView_EndUpdate(): undefined function.

_ListView_EndUpdate($handle)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(411,15) : ERROR: _GDI_StartUp(): undefined function.

_GDI_StartUp()

~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(412,35) : ERROR: _GDI_LoadFromFile(): undefined function.

$hImage = _GDI_LoadFromFile($path)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(414,38) : ERROR: _GDI_GetEncoderClsID(): undefined function.

$sCLSID = _GDI_GetEncoderClsID("BMP")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(415,62) : ERROR: _GDI_SaveToFile(): undefined function.

_GDI_SaveToFile($hImage, @WindowsDir & '\xwall.bmp', $sCLSID)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3(416,16) : ERROR: _GDI_ShutDown(): undefined function.

_GDI_ShutDown()

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\MultipleDesktops\Desktops.au3 - 20 error(s), 0 warning(s)

!>17:00:33 AU3Check ended.rc:2

+>17:01:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 44.505

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Fixed the above errors with new download of Auto3Lib, but now getting this when I try to create a new desktop:

---------------------------

Error

Invalid window handle passed to _Mem_CtrlInit [0x000100A0]

OK

I get all these errors when I try to run it:

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

@smstoble

Woot a program of mine was reccomended! lol, should probably finish that project off, dont have a whole lot left to do.

If you want to include it in your script Piano_Man, go ahead, if you need any explaining, or fixes etc. on it I would be more than happy to help ya out there.

Thanks, I'll most likely use the concepts of your code. However, I'm not using an external program for the to when setting the image to the desktop so I'll use the one PaulIA gave me for that...

@Wodden

Hi!

This programm is so amazing and its working fine. BUT

i got an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (2.17 GHz) and when im running your programm my cpu usage is 100% !

Bye

Thanks! I don't know about the CPU usage. I'm getting an average of 12% with a 3.0 Ghz, but I don't think it would be that much of a difference... Are other people getting 100% CPU usage?

@Percy

nice!

I liked it. Good work!

Thanks!

@jefhal

Fixed the above errors with new download of Auto3Lib, but now getting this when I try to create a new desktop:

I tested it again and I didn't get that error... Are you sure your running beta and all that? Edited by Piano_Man

Mozilla Firefoxx=944

Mozilla Firefoxy=576

I think, you can write this in one line.

Mozilla Firefox=944|576

For $i = 0 to _ListView_GetItemCount($handle)
            $pos = _ListView_GetItemPosition($handle, $i)
            $name = _ListView_GetItemText($handle, $i)
            If $pos[0] = True Then
                IniWrite($desktopsDir & "\Desktopinfo.ini", $currentDesktop, $name, $pos[1] & "|" & $pos[2])
;IniWrite($desktopsDir & "\Desktopinfo.ini", $currentDesktop, $name & "x", $pos[1])
;IniWrite($desktopsDir & "\Desktopinfo.ini", $currentDesktop, $name & "y", $pos[2])
            EndIf
        Next

For $i = 0 to _ListView_GetItemCount($handle)
                $name = _ListView_GetItemText($handle, $i)
;$x = IniRead($desktopsDir & "\Desktopinfo.ini", $currentDesktop, $name & "x", "Unknown")
;$y = IniRead($desktopsDir & "\Desktopinfo.ini", $currentDesktop, $name & "y", "Unknown")

$xy = IniRead($desktopsDir & "\Desktopinfo.ini", $currentDesktop, $name, "Unknown")
                $pos_ = StringSplit($xy, "|")

;If $xy <> "Unknown" Then _ListView_SetItemPosition32($handle, $i, $x, $y)
                If $xy <> "Unknown" Then _ListView_SetItemPosition32($handle, $i, $pos_[1], $pos_[2])
                GuiCtrlSetData($progress, $currentProgress + $step)
                $currentProgress += $step
            Next

greeting

Frank

Mozilla Firefoxx=944

Mozilla Firefoxy=576

I think, you can write this in one line.

Mozilla Firefox=944|576

Hey, that's a good idea... I just used this function exactly how PaulIA gave it to me but that your idea would make a good addition, and it would make the ini file more simple...

Unfortunately end of school junk is keeping me from working but once summer comes I should be free to make all the changes I've been planning.

Oh end of school ...

Then we can become HotKey´s for the Desktop´s?

The end of school sounds very nice right now...

I'm planning on adding Hotkeys to switch between desktops (if that's what you mean...).

Other changes I'm planning for once I get out of school:

- Have a small hideable toolbar that has shortcuts to each desktop

- Hide processes unless the user adds the window to the "no-hide" list

- Have an option so that the user can have permanent folders/files on the desktop if they want

- Make a GUI for managing all options and desktops

- Let the user select the type of transition they want (I'm trying to find some besides just the fade...)

Most of these ideas are given originally by people who commented on this so thanks to them!

Edit: Forgot one change I'm definitely doing

Edited by Piano_Man

• 1 month later...