Obfuscator (discontinued)

Jos

I am getting this output from Obfuscator. Is this a real problem ? This is coming from the WinAPI.au3 file which is version 3.2.

Thanks for any assistance.

Rob

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Obfuscator\Obfuscator.exe" "C:\Users\Documents\AutoIT Projects\Working\FTP_DVR.au3"

-###2 Obfuscation Error: Found Execute() statement which will lead to problems running your obfuscated script.

>### current Func: _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\include\WinAPI.au3(5364,1) Warning for line:$i_transcolor = Execute('0x00' & StringMid($i_transcolor, 5, 2) & StringMid($i_transcolor, 3, 2) & StringMid($i_transcolor, 1, 2))

-#############################################################################################

-#### Obfuscator Found 1 Error(s)!!!! This means your script could have problems running properly. ####

-#############################################################################################

+> Obfuscator v1.0.29.0 finished obfuscating 6124 lines, stripped 11106 comment lines. created:C:\Users\Documents\AutoIT Projects\Working\FTP_DVR_Obfuscated.au3

>Exit code: 1 Time: 4.666

This is a precautionary warning, but the mentioned line won't cause any problems.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• 2 weeks later...

small question is this the same as is built into scite?

or do i add this instead?

I have a script to do but ive never ever obfuscated one.

Does it delete your existing one? when it does the process?

small question is this the same as is built into scite? Yes

or do i add this instead?

I have a script to do but ive never ever obfuscated one.

Does it delete your existing one? when it does the process? No

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Developers

small question is this the same as is built into scite?

Yes, and it isn't build in SciTE, but supported by AutoIt3Wrapper which comes with the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package. Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok thx for that as a rough guide being as ive never done one , should i just enable it on the last tab before compile and let it run without changes?

Or do i need to be more particular.

• Developers

What about being brave and trying it?

You always have your backup when things are screwed-up .... right? :graduated:

On the other hand, you could also first read the helpfile when you really want to understand what will happen when you do that.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Chimaera

It can make your heart stop if you have not used it before and are using windows 7, as sometimes the explorer window does not refresh itself, and it seems as though your original code is gone, and you are left only with an obfuscated script.

Just to save some unwanted palpitations.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

backup....hmmm have to look if i have one.., ive nearly tried it a couple of times but it seems a one way ticket so i didnt want to mess up.

Im not trying to be rude but i wont understand how it works even if i did read it [i looked at the params in scite help today and its a bit mind blowing, ive only just got my head round having 2 helpfiles], like ive said before the only thing i use is tidy the rest in tools never used as i dont have a clue what they are for.

@John as im windows 7 ultimate it should be a rocky ride lol

Ill segragate my script well away from my other stuff and run it and hope...thx again

This will give you an idea of how good i am with obfuscator - just ran it three times and wondered why it didnt change anything.... except the name of the file

just ran it with this

/cs=1 /cn=1 /cf=1 /cv=1 /sv=1

and it still hasnt changed anything ...

Edited by Chimaera

If you run Tidy with the parameter /kv 0 it will automatically create a back up of your file for you every time you run it

/kv n : n = number of backcopies to keep. 0 = all

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

This will give you an idea of how good i am with obfuscator - just ran it three times and wondered why it didnt change anything.... except the name of the file

just ran it with this

and it still hasnt changed anything ...

There is a bit in the help file that tells you that the original file will be left untouched an a new file created with the obfuscated script code.

..or did I misunderstand you?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Im running it from the tab at compile, i added the the list into the blank box

and ran the compile

both au3 files are still the same

ive just rechecked and the code in the obfuscated one seems identical to my normal one, cant see any changes or does it only change the exe?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok just started from the first post and did all the instructions for use, i couldn't find the SciteUSer.properties but managed to add it to the au3.properties like i had done a previous script addin

Download the latest, used ctrl shift/O

and i get this error

!Obfuscator Error: A line exceeds max lenght of 4096. This needs to be changed to allow string encryption!

yes i have a very long line but after conversation with melba, it was suggested i use _ to split the line which i did and it stopped all the errors in scite and works fine.

Why does Obfuscator not register the _ and allow the script to carry on like Scite does?

Hopefully there is a solution

ps where should the SciteUSer.properties reside?

Edited by Chimaera

Obuscator is already included in the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3, therefore no need to manually add/register the file :graduated: Just so you know by adding it to au3.properties or any addon can cause problems in the future when updating SciTE4AutoIt3 as this is overwritten, so you have to manually add again. Your best bet is to add to SciteUser.properties (like I do in SciTE Jump!)

SciteUser.properties >>

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

What about something like this when dealing with long strings >>

$sString = "Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text"
$sString &= "Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text, Random Text"

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Hmm as far as the array they belong to it will it still be a long complete list y?

current eg:

"uTorrent", "UVS10 Preload", _
"VMpTtray.exe", "VTTimer"

Ill rearrange my array of 269 elements and report back :graduated:

One other thought if i use the Ctrl/Shift/O do i need to specify extra elements? for Obfuscation

Edited by Chimaera

Oh it's an Array! Couple of options, use a delimited string of the apps and then using StringSplit() at runtime (if the Array is only a 1D) or look at #Obfuscator_Off & #Obfuscator_On.

UDF List: