Auto3Lib

PaulIA

Hi,

Please can you tell me what happened to Auto3Lib's version of Memory.au3 (the one which is supposed to be copied over AutoIt's Memory.au3, in order to prevent the "cannot redeclare constant" errors) ?

Regards,

Jonny

with last version of autoit3lib

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\A3LNetShare.au3(420,80) : ERROR: DllStructCreate() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.
    DllStructGetData($tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagFILE_INFO_3, $tData, "BufPtr")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\A3LNetShare.au3(420,81) : ERROR: DllStructGetData() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.
    DllStructGetData($tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagFILE_INFO_3, $tData, "BufPtr"))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\A3LNetShare.au3(654,83) : ERROR: DllStructCreate() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.
    DllStructGetData($tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagSESSION_INFO_2, $tData, "BufPtr")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\A3LNetShare.au3(654,84) : ERROR: DllStructGetData() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.
    DllStructGetData($tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagSESSION_INFO_2, $tData, "BufPtr"))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\A3LNetShare.au3(903,81) : ERROR: DllStructCreate() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.
    DllStructGetData($tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagSHARE_INFO_2, $tData, "BufPtr")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\A3LNetShare.au3(903,82) : ERROR: DllStructGetData() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.
    DllStructGetData($tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagSHARE_INFO_2, $tData, "BufPtr"))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
The latest version of Auto3Lib also requires the latest version of AutoIt. Also, when you install Auto3Lib, make sure you read the directions on how to install when you're using the production and beta releases of AutoIt on the same machine.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Hi,

Please can you tell me what happened to Auto3Lib's version of Memory.au3 (the one which is supposed to be copied over AutoIt's Memory.au3, in order to prevent the "cannot redeclare constant" errors) ?

Regards,

Jonny

It is now integrated in the latest beta and RC versions of AutoIt. The latest version of Auto3Lib requires the latest version of AutoIt. I'm beginning to sound like a parrot. :)

hi PaulIA, i dare to post this because i've the latest beta and RC of autoit , and the last version of autoit3lib

i'll try a total reinstall (i've already do, but...)

sry about that

Edited by arcker

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

hi PaulIA, i dare to post this because i've the latest beta and RC of autoit , and the last version of autoit3lib

i'll try a total reinstall (i've already do, but...)

sry about that

My bad. I checked the current release and the NetShare file is indeed messed up. I used a script to make the majority of changes when the DllStruct notation was removed and it obviously didn't work in all cases. I'll fix this and release a new version tonight.

thx a lot !

btw : i've constated that the netfileenum are finally been optimized ! that's great !

because before, it took about 2 min to enum open files on a busy server :/

can i know what did you do to make this changes ?

Edited by arcker

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

can i know what did you do to make this changes ?

Extra Pixie dust...

Every now and then I spot things that I don't like or see a better way to do them. The NetShare UDFs got worked over a couple of times to reduce the number of internal calls made. With the official Unicode release coming up, I will be going through all the UDFs again to see if I can get rid of calls that do Unicode -> ANSI and vice versa. So in theroy, the NetShare UDFs should get even faster after that.

BTW, don't be shy about letting me know when things don't seem right. I might not be able to change it, but then again, I might. Either way, I promise not to bite your head off for asking. :)

BTW, don't be shy about letting me know when things don't seem right. I might not be able to change it, but then again, I might. Either way, I promise not to bite your head off for asking. :)

I expect many, many people, besides myself, sincerely appreciate your professional attitude. AutoIt3Lib has saved the day for me several times -- thanks again for your dedication to the task and willingness to contribute and help.

I expect many, many people, besides myself, sincerely appreciate your professional attitude. AutoIt3Lib has saved the day for me several times -- thanks again for your dedication to the task and willingness to contribute and help.

Well thank you. And my thanks to all the users for their support, and to Jon and the other developers who keep my life, uh, "interesting". :)

Same here.

As I already wrote in the General Forum, IMHO the Auto3lib package should be included as standard UDFs in the AutoIt package (just 1 helpfile, 1 setup, 1 set of UDFs,...)

I know that is a big effort, but in this way the AutoIt community could use a better/simpler tool.

I think you sould be nominated "AutoIt MVP".

Thanks again and best regards

Peppe

same here, without him, and without AutoIt, i would lose my job... thx for this

AutoIt MVP, i'm sure he will be, and more, he should be the "AutoIt Official API Extremist MVP"

Projects :

you just deserves it, man, you just deserves it :)

hope you'll stay on the forum for a long time

c u

Projects :

Paul,

Thanks for making these functions available. I was hoping to hear your views on an Event Log Feature Request: My apologies if this has been brought up before, but a forum search didn't find anything suggesting someone has skinned this particular cat (in au3) before.

Any thoughts or plans to extend the _EventLog_RegisterSource() or add an _EventLog_CreateSource() function to allow writing to custom Event Logs?

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Paul,

Thanks for making these functions available. I was hoping to hear your views on an Event Log Feature Request: My apologies if this has been brought up before, but a forum search didn't find anything suggesting someone has skinned this particular cat (in au3) before.

Any thoughts or plans to extend the _EventLog_RegisterSource() or add an _EventLog_CreateSource() function to allow writing to custom Event Logs?

It's fairly easy to create the source. Just some registry entries. The problem is, you need to build a DLL for the registry process so that you can translate the event log messages. I didn't figure anybody had that much time on their hands. :)

Here is a link on how to set up the registry if you're interested. I think the rest of what you need is already in A3LEventLog.

The problem is, you need to build a DLL for the registry process so that you can translate the event log messages.

Thx for the feedback...I wonder how much effort it would be to write an exe that would , given a message file, build the appropriate dll to register

I guess I could punt, and write a syslog implementation, but I would love to be able to natively integrate with full Windows event log capability.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.