Auto3Lib

PaulIA

Hi, @Arcker!

I'd love to see an example of yours which runs faster!; was it from the versions before @PaulIA changed everything!?; because it is currently very slow; he changed some sort of "structure"?; I wait for him to fix the newer version to test it again!

see post 391 above for the slowness!

Post391 Slow ListViewA3LBest, randall

Edited by randallc

Hi, @Arcker!

I'd love to see an example of yours which runs faster!; was it from the versions before @PaulIA changed everything!?; because it is currently very slow; he changed some sort of "structure"?; I wait for him to fix the newer version to test it again!

I've already stated that the current implementation of the Auto3Lib ListView is slower due to implementing the _tag... structure. I've also stated that I am converting to the new AutoIt Struct convention. It's not a "fix", it's a preference. I choose to implement the _tag... structure for several reasons, all of which can be found in this thread.

I'm going to put an end to this "speed" thing that's going on here. I have never said that Auto3Lib was faster than anything. In fact, since I don't like to write one liners with half a dozen function calls in them, it's probably going to be a tad slower. Speed was never a design criteria when I wrote Auto3Lib (and never will be). If Auto3Lib is slower than something else you have, by all means, use something else.

I think we're about done with this subject. :whistle:

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Hi Paul

sorry I didn't want to increase the polemic

what i wanted to say is not about speed, but more about Lib possibilities than AutoIt implemented structure.

sorry for the misunderstanding randallc.

subject closed.

I'm wait too for the new version of your library, but it will be really hard to adapt to new ones, because i just love your _tag structure. :whistle:

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

hi guys, i've got a problem with _NetShare_NetShareEnum()

the problem is posted here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42825

so, how can i log on to the server? and were is NetShare demo?

thx for help!!

k, it doesn't work... with _WNet_AddConnection(), _WNet_AddConnection2() and _WNet_AddConnection3() the demo file always returns error code 53. what does this mean? am i doing something wrong?

i just entered an ip address into the demo file and removed the ";" in front of the function calls...

/signed

greetz, RìggníXBiTrAtE.tk

k, it doesn't work... with _WNet_AddConnection(), _WNet_AddConnection2() and _WNet_AddConnection3() the demo file always returns error code 53. what does this mean? am i doing something wrong?

i just entered an ip address into the demo file and removed the ";" in front of the function calls...

/signed

MSDN says this about error 53:

// MessageId: ERROR_BAD_NETPATH

//

// MessageText:

//

// The network path was not found.

//

#define ERROR_BAD_NETPATH 53

Might want to look at the demo again. Especially this part:

;======================================================================================

; NOTE: Change the settings below to match YOUR network or nothing will work!!!

;======================================================================================

In order to use the demo you need to change the network constants to reflect shares/servers on your network.

ok. i just needed to set a share name. but the script is to check if there are shared resources, so i don't know the names of the shares. any1 got an idea how to solve this?

You're really making this more difficult than it needs to be. The WNet calls are for connecting a local resource to a network share, not for enumerating network shares. You need to be using the network share functions in A3LNetShare (specifically _NetShare_NetShareEnum) to find shares on a server. Run the NetShare demo in the Examples folder to see how it works.

thats exactly my problem. i tried it with _NetShare_NetShareEnum() but just got results of the computer the script is running on. so i was told to connect to the remote computer i'm trying to scan.

So what exactly are you trying to do? You seem to be trying to do something to a server where you don't know the share names and don't have a logon account for the domain where the server resides.

i'm tryin to make a network manager, so i just want to get the number of shares on a remote computer.

No problem. Then the _NetShare_NetShareEnum() is what you want to use. If you're making a network manager, then you obviously have the required credentials? Per the MSDN documentation:

Administrator, Power User, Print Operator, or Server Operator group membership is required to successfully execute the NetShareEnum function

i'm using the program on a administrator account. but it simply doesn't work. the demo file doesn't display an error message and @error = 0.

Listen, you need to get past "it simply doesn't work" and try to figure out what you're doing wrong. I just did a VPN into my company and ran the NetShare demo against a server in my domain and it works fine. The output of the demo has the following sections:

NetConnectionEnum - Number of active connections from my workstation to the server

NetEnumFile - A list of files that I currently have open on the server

NetSessionEnum - Information about the session I have with the server

NetShareEnum - A list of all shares on the server

NetStatisticsGetSvr - Stats on the server

NetStatisticsGetWrk - Stats on my workstation

I have a server call "Test" in my domain and when I run the demo, I type in "\\Test" for the server name and just leave the share name as "D Drive" and I get all of the information about the server and my workstations connection to that server.

i'm using the program on a administrator account. but it simply doesn't work. the demo file doesn't display an error message and @error = 0.

adminstrator of the remote computer or your local computer ?

as PaulIA said, you need to be more explicit

are you in a domain ?

what kind of account do you use ?

send here the part where you use the function and what you attempt to do

because for me it works too

please give more information, your problem doesn't seem to be really a big problem, we just need details

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

The Auto3Lib library contains a suite of over 1100 functions written in AutoIt. These functions expose the full Windows API calls for use in AutoIt and are designed primarily for the advanced AutoIt programmer. All functions are heavily documented and the package includes sample scripts that show how to use the various modules in the library.

Auto3Lib has the ability to manipulate the following controls:

• Animation controls
  • DateTime controls
  • Header controls
  • IPAddress controls
  • Listbox controls
  • ListView controls
  • Menus
  • Month Calendar controls
  • ProgressBar controls
  • StatusBar controls
  • Tab controls
  • ToolbarWindow controls
  • ToolTip controls
  • TreeView controls
Auto3Lib has functions that support the following:
  • Event Log
  • ImageLists
  • Memory Manager
  • Network Authentication
  • Network Share Manager
  • Pipes
  • Screen Capture
  • Strings
  • Windows API
  • Windows Networking
  • Windows Time
Helpful and appropriate feedback/suggestions are always welcome.

(5300+ previous downloads)

[ *** *** *** *** Auto3Lib History *** *** *** ***]

03/01/2007 Initial help file release. Minor corrections and additions to many functions while in the process.

01/24/2007 Added support for Animation (AVI) controls. Added a module that encapsulates the Windows Networking (WNet) functions. Added a module that encapsulates the Windows Time functions.

01/14/2007 Added a Pipes module. Includes a demo that shows how to execute console commands and read the console output. Also includes a client/server demo that shows how to execute commands on a remote server and view the results.

01/07/2007 Version 3 released. Added support for TabControl, StatusBar and ProgressBar controls. Introduced new method for working with AutoIt structures.

12/25/2006 Added a module that allows you to capture all or part of the screen and save it as a bitmap file. No Dlls required. Added "StringInStr" type functions to the Listbox, ListView and TreeView modules.

12/17/2006 Maintenance release. Updated TreeView module to eliminate dealing with structures. Added several new functions, including the ability to save/load a TreeView to/from a text file.

11/30/2006 Maintenance release. Auto3Lib now requires the latest beta release of AutoIt. Rewrote the Security module to return arrays instead of structures. Modified control modules to work better with controls created with AutoIt.

11/21/2006 Added MonthCalendar control support. Added a couple of new demo scripts including a NotePad script that shows how to use several of the controls (menus, toolbars and tooltips) together.

11/18/2006 Added DateTimePick control support.

11/12/2006 Maintenance release. Changed the click methods to allow you to click on an item without moving the mouse. Enhanced error checking on functions that some users are struggling with.

11/04/2006 Added an Event Log module. You can open the event log, read event log entries and even create your own event log records.

10/31/2006 Implemented a segment of the Network Share calls. You can enumerate sessions, connections, files, printers, etc. on a network. You can also add, delete and query shares on a server. Added IPAddress control support.

10/28/2006 Added ToolTip control support.

10/23/2006 Added Listbox control support. Together with the Header, ListView and ToolbarWindow library, you can now fully control Explorer and other programs with non-standard menus.

10/15/2006 Added Header control support. Made changes to the popup tracking functions so that they are easier to use. Added new menu functions specifically for clicking items in popup and context menus.

10/14/2006 Added ListView control support.

10/08/2006 Version 2 released. Added ToolbarWindow and Menu control support. You can now control the "menus" in Explorer and IE that are actually toolbars. You can also control context and popup menus regardless of what control launched them.

09/15/2006 Version 1 released

Dear PaulIA,

This is one of the greatest collections of useful-functions I have come across so far.

Thank you so much for the wonderful creation - Auto3Lib.

- Debi

Am new to the forum. My last reply was accidental. Please excuse me. Dont know how to remove the same from the forum.

Dear PaulIA,

This is one of the greatest collections of useful-functions I have come across so far.

Thank you so much for the wonderful creation - Auto3Lib.

- Debi

Am new to the forum. My last reply was accidental. Please excuse me. Dont know how to remove the same from the forum.

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the compliment on Auto3Lib. If you need to delete the post above, just click on the "Delete" button in the frame right below your post.

Regarding.... http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43276 ...

PAULIA..I ran the demo script only through SCITE..hovered the mouse to the column all I got in the text: field is the title of the application and not the tooltip.. and nothing else...!! This information I saw it in SCITE's INFO window..!!

I opened the AUTO3LIB Help file.. but can't see any content in the file. it is say page cannot be displayed...I can just see the index in the left side of the help file..!!

In Auto3LIB there is a function called _ToolTip_GetText ..I'm not sure how to go about calling this function????

Can you help me out as getting the values from the tooltip is an important process..!!

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

Regarding.... http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43276 ...

PAULIA..I ran the demo script only through SCITE..hovered the mouse to the column all I got in the text: field is the title of the application and not the tooltip.. and nothing else...!! This information I saw it in SCITE's INFO window..!!

I opened the AUTO3LIB Help file.. but can't see any content in the file. it is say page cannot be displayed...I can just see the index in the left side of the help file..!!

In Auto3LIB there is a function called _ToolTip_GetText ..I'm not sure how to go about calling this function????

Can you help me out as getting the values from the tooltip is an important process..!!

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

First, there are two ListView demos. One just exercises the various calls for a ListView control and the other captures the ToolTips from Explorer. I assume that you are running the correct demo?

Second, I assume you know that when you run the demo, the Explorer window that is opened has to be the active window and you are suppose to hover your mouse over the items in Explorer (like your C: drive)? When you do, the demo will print out the ToolTip that is displayed in the SciTE console. This demonstrates what you asked for: How to capture the text from a ToolTip control. If you study the demo script, you will then be able to apply this same technique to solve your problem.

Third, I have not heard anybody but you say the help file doesn't work. If it is copied in the same directory as the AutoIt help file (which is "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3"), it works. If the help file doesn't work for you, it may be something specific to your system.

Fourth, you need to tone down your posts if you expect help. Yelling at me (using upper case), multiple exclaimation points and question marks does not motivate me to help you in any shape, form or fashion.

Edited by PaulIA