GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Koda V1.7.0.0

Small error

-the cursors are set to style 2 when they should be set to 11 or 13 for SIZENS or SIZEWE.

Wish.

Resizing options, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT etc.

Confusion.

Can't open some projects, all the views are cleared. The one I can open I can't see how to view or edit it.

martin

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Koda V1.7.0.0

Small error

-the cursors are set to style 2 when they should be set to 11 or 13 for SIZENS or SIZEWE.

Just tried - they are sets to 11 and 13 correspondely... what I do wrong? :)

Wish.

Resizing options, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT etc.

All controls already have "Resizing" property...

Confusion.

Can't open some projects, all the views are cleared. The one I can open I can't see how to view or edit it.

Confused with this sentence... Can you explain?

Just tried - they are sets to 11 and 13 correspondely... what I do wrong? :)

If I use a label for a splitter bar and set the cursor to suit then it is always set to 2 in the code. Same I think for buttons. In the example below I have 3 labels with crHsplit or crVsplit but the code generated sets them at 2.

I've tried setting the cursor to crHsplit for and edit and a form and I get the same problem. So how did you do it to make it work?

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=d:\program files\autoit3\beta\koda\forms\monitor\splitter02.kxf
$Form2 = GUICreate("Form2", 413, 298, 305, 219)
$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0, 0, 289, 241)
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Edit1")
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 4, 240, 284, 4)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x808080)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 2);<---------------------wrong
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 288, 120, 124, 4)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xA0A0A4)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 2);<-------------------wrong
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 288, 0, 4, 297)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x808080)
GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 2);<-------------------wrong
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

BTW, to help you answer problems, would it be helpful if Koda included the version number in the code commect like this

#Region ### START Koda V1.7.0.0 GUI section ### Form=d:\program files\autoit3\beta\koda\forms\monitor\splitter02.kxf?

All controls already have "Resizing" property...

You are right of course. Haven't used Koda for a few weeks and I was looking in the styles page instead of the properties. Apologies.

Confused with this sentence... Can you explain?

I have several projects which do not contain very much, but only one will open. The others give me a title in Koda which tells me I have a project open, but there is no other information, all the Form, Object Tree, Object inspector windows are blank. I can't see at the moment what makes one work and another not. I will play with it tonight or tomorrow.

The one that does open doesn't have any option that I can find, (maybe I'm just missing the obvious again) for adding or editing notes or adding a new form etc.

I thought there used to be an option in the View menu for projects, but it's not there now.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

If I use a label for a splitter bar and set the cursor to suit then it is always set to 2 in the code. Same I think for buttons. In the example below I have 3 labels with crHsplit or crVsplit but the code generated sets them at 2.

I've tried setting the cursor to crHsplit for and edit and a form and I get the same problem. So how did you do it to make it work?

Ah, ok, now I recall. Looks like crHsplit and crVsplit are non-standard cursors, at least they are not in list of cursors supported by GUICtrlSetCursor. That why they are was substituted with standard cursor. Maybe I'll try to remove them from the list, but need a big effort for this seeming simple thing...

BTW, to help you answer problems, would it be helpful if Koda included the version number in the code commect like this

#Region ### START Koda V1.7.0.0 GUI section ### Form=d:\program files\autoit3\beta\koda\forms\monitor\splitter02.kxf?

This is possible, but not sure. Will think.

I have several projects which do not contain very much, but only one will open. The others give me a title in Koda which tells me I have a project open, but there is no other information, all the Form, Object Tree, Object inspector windows are blank. I can't see at the moment what makes one work and another not. I will play with it tonight or tomorrow.

The one that does open doesn't have any option that I can find, (maybe I'm just missing the obvious again) for adding or editing notes or adding a new form etc.

I thought there used to be an option in the View menu for projects, but it's not there now.

If you talk about projects part, then as you can see, this is still unfinished and hidden right now. Wait for next beta stage where it back :)

Ah, ok, now I recall. Looks like crHsplit and crVsplit are non-standard cursors, at least they are not in list of cursors supported by GUICtrlSetCursor. That why they are was substituted with standard cursor. Maybe I'll try to remove them from the list, but need a big effort for this seeming simple thing...

?But they are supported by GuiCtrlSetCursor, so please don't remove them, just set the code to 11 or 13 instead of 2. If I edit the code then the split cursors show as expected.

If you talk about projects part, then as you can see, this is still unfinished and hidden right now. Wait for next beta stage where it back :)

OK. I look forward to the next version.

Thanks for your replies Lazycat.

?But they are supported by GuiCtrlSetCursor, so please don't remove them, just set the code to 11 or 13 instead of 2. If I edit the code then the split cursors show as expected.

martin, 11 and 13 values Koda generating for crSizeNS, crSizeWE, since in autoit those values show size arrows cursors, not splitter ones! I agree, generating nothing for non-standard cursors not the best way, but generating cursors with different look imo not better. I think better remove unsupported cursors at all.

post-126-1190218306_thumb.png

martin, 11 and 13 values Koda generating for crSizeNS, crSizeWE, since in autoit those values show size arrows cursors, not splitter ones! I agree, generating nothing for non-standard cursors not the best way, but generating cursors with different look imo not better. I think better remove unsupported cursors at all.

post-126-1190218306_thumb.png

Damn, you're right again. I must have been wearing the wrong pair of glasses. :)

In that case yes, best to remove the split cursors. That's a pity.

Bug Report / Question:

When I import the following script, the GUI appears for a second and then disappears. I must minimize Koda, then restore Koda. However, this results in the GUI being the full size of the screen. Why?

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
$Toolbar = GUICreate("QuickRef Function Poster", 201, 801, -1, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_TOPMOST))
GUISetBkColor(0x716F64)
$ListView = GUICtrlCreateList("", 15, 120, 170, 538, BitOR($LBS_SORT,$LBS_STANDARD,$WS_VSCROLL,$WS_BORDER), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "Rockwell")
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xD4D0C8)
$Input = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 15, 96, 170, 22)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 800, 0, "Rockwell")
$Accept = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add To Clipboard", 15, 688, 170, 30, 0)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("QuickRef Function Poster", 2, 16, 194, 22)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 11, 800, 0, "Rockwell")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x716F64)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    Sleep(25)
WEnd
A decision is a powerful thing

Bug Report / Question:

When I import the following script, the GUI appears for a second and then disappears. I must minimize Koda, then restore Koda. However, this results in the GUI being the full size of the screen. Why?

This solves the problem: $Toolbar = GUICreate("QuickRef Function Poster", 201, 801);, -1, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_TOPMOST))

but not $Toolbar = GUICreate("QuickRef Function Poster", 201, 801, -1, -1, -1);, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_TOPMOST))

Why?

A decision is a powerful thing

BUG REPORT:

Koda v1.7.0.0

Nature of the bug: Graphical display of form scroll bars.

See attached screen shot.

Steps:

1) Create new form

2) Create an EDIT control on the form

3) Set the styles WS_HSCROLL and WS_VSCROLL to "OFF"

4) Save form

5) Quit Koda

6) Start Koda

7) Load prior form

8) Verify that WS_HSCROLL and WS_VSCROLL are still off, but graphically are still displayed.

User must cycle checkmarks again to remove display of scrollbars that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Other than that, good program!

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

BUG REPORT:

Koda v1.7.0.0

Nature of the bug: Graphical display of form scroll bars.

User must cycle checkmarks again to remove display of scrollbars that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Other than that, good program!

Seems someone already reported this... This is weird problem, that appear only for Edit control, though it's code the same as for other.

The only way I can found now - recreate control just after loading.

Fixed for maintenance release, thanks.

Bug Report / Question:

Oh, I'm missed your posts, sorry.

This is bug with incorrect handling -1/default in certain situations. I know about it, this is first candidate to fix in Au3tokoda :)

As a quick fix, alt+space will yield the system menu. Select "Move" and use arrow keys to move the window. It's a pain, but it can be done.

After you move window from behind the bar, as Blue_Drache suggested, you can choose save window position in settings, and Koda will always start at desired position.

Cheers :)

After you move window from behind the bar, as Blue_Drache suggested, you can choose save window position in settings, and Koda will always start at desired position.

In case it's of any interest, this is what I do.

FormCreate(Sender:TObject);
var
 screenrect:TRect;
begin

SystemParametersInfo( SPI_GETWORKAREA ,  0,  Addr(screenrect), 0);

form1.Top := screenrect.Top;

In case it's of any interest, this is what I do.

FormCreate(Sender:TObject);
var
 screenrect:TRect;
begin

SystemParametersInfo( SPI_GETWORKAREA ,  0,  Addr(screenrect), 0);

form1.Top := screenrect.Top;
Yeah, this can do the thing, I'll try.