GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

New beta is out. Changes are very small (busy with job now...), mostly bugfixes, and no any progress on the Project Manager.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.07.31.zip

Note, that location and name of helpfile was changed, now help is language-dependent (you can delete old Koda.chm file). When original help will be fixed and become mature, then easily translateable project will be posted on public.

• 4 weeks later...

New beta is out:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.08.27.zip

Most likely this will be last beta in the 1.6 line. So all translators now can safely update translations.

Project manager is hidden for release, this will be finished in the next beta stage. But since no global changes planned in it, it's form remain in the translation.

New beta is out:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2007.08.27.zip

Most likely this will be last beta in the 1.6 line. So all translators now can safely update translations.

Project manager is hidden for release, this will be finished in the next beta stage. But since no global changes planned in it, it's form remain in the translation.

Here is polish language translation file for the newest version of Koda. If I won't update it till Koda release you can change version from 1.6.1.13 to 1.7.0.0.

lang_pol.xml

monter.FM [font="Tahoma;"]Full programs:[/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"] LogOnOff - keeps alive user session, after set time it performs logoff (instead of locking [acronym="Personal Computer"]PC[/acronym], useful in some corporations working with [acronym="Active Directory"]AD[/acronym]).[/font] ČharCönvěr - character set converter. [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]CDTray - automated opening/closing the [acronym="Compact Disc"]CD[/acronym] tray.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]Example scripts: [/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]RecentFolders - managing recently used folder list with combobox.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]AutoUpdater - periodic auto-checking, auto-updating and auto-relaunching newest script version.[/font] Changed host from monter.homeip.net to monter.homenet.org - replace address in my scripts to get back them to work.

I have looked in both the help file and the options in the designer and nowhere can I find out where to change the Main default font that is used when creating the code for the form. As of current it uses "MS Sans Serif". I have even tried to use autoit's way of thinking in that if I set the forms default to a different one that when it creates the code, it would use that for all the controls unless other wise specified, Nope...still uses the "MS Sans Serif".

Is there a way to currently change the MAIN defalt font??

Thanks, This designer is some awesome piece of work to go with autoit, period!!

I have looked in both the help file and the options in the designer and nowhere can I find out where to change the Main default font that is used when creating the code for the form. As of current it uses "MS Sans Serif". I have even tried to use autoit's way of thinking in that if I set the forms default to a different one that when it creates the code, it would use that for all the controls unless other wise specified, Nope...still uses the "MS Sans Serif".

Is there a way to currently change the MAIN defalt font??

Thanks, This designer is some awesome piece of work to go with autoit, period!!

The font used is the default system font.

The components on a form inherit the forms font. That's a characteristic of Windows it's not 'AutoIt's way of thinking'. Changing the form's font does change the controls' font assuming you make the change at design time before the components are created. If you change the form's font in Koda then the components will have that font.

To change the default system font

RegEdit>My Computer>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>Windows NT>CurrentVersion>FontSubstitutes change the values of MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 and restart.

Edit: spelling

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

From Helpfile at GUICtrlCreateContextMenu:

Note: You can't create context menus for controls that already have system context menus, i.e. edit or input controls.

The same applies also for ComboBox by me.

In Koda shouldn't be ContextMenu item in Object Inspector for ComboBox control

Look here and here

Edited by Zedna

From Helpfile at GUICtrlCreateContextMenu:

The same applies also for ComboBox by me.

In Koda shouldn't be ContextMenu item in Object Inspector for ComboBox control

Not exactly. Context menu appears when rightclicking on control's arrow, and appears anywhere when CBS_DROPDOWNLIST style is set. I think better document it and leave as is.

Lazycat,

First, I must give you huge props for this app!!! It has increased my efficiency and accuracy. I am a huge fan of the visual editing systems. Again, thanks!

Second, there seems to be a bug in 1.7.0.0 with importing GUI code from an au3 file. When I import a file that contains a group within a group, the sub-groups and their corresponding controls do not show in Koda. Is this an isolated issue or a known issue?

A decision is a powerful thing

I've just (re) started using AutoIt and this application is a Godsend. Thanks so much for offering it to the community. It greatly reduces the tedium of designing a UI, and allows me to focus on the meat of the scripts, rather than endless UI tweaks.

First, I must give you huge props for this app!!! It has increased my efficiency and accuracy. I am a huge fan of the visual editing systems. Again, thanks!

Second, there seems to be a bug in 1.7.0.0 with importing GUI code from an au3 file. When I import a file that contains a group within a group, the sub-groups and their corresponding controls do not show in Koda. Is this an isolated issue or a known issue?

This should be handled, but since Au3 import part still quite raw - anything can to be or not to be :)

Best of all if you send me GUI code where you encountered problem, so I can look.

Edited by Lazycat

Lazycat, here's an example.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>

$ParentWin = GUICreate('Accounts Interface        ', 1060, 720,-1,-1,$WS_SIZEBOX+$WS_SYSMENU+$WS_MINIMIZEBOX)

$Group3 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("One Time Run", 8, 488, 960, 161)
    $TypeGrp = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Type", 31, 580, 209, 57)
        $TypeActRd = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Activity", 49, 604, 73, 17)
        $TypeInvestRd = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Investment", 135, 604, 81, 17)
    GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
    $GroupDateRange = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Date Range", 247, 580, 281, 57)
        $DateStart = GUICtrlCreateDate('', 263, 604, 98, 21, $WS_TABSTOP)
        $DateEnd = GUICtrlCreateDate("",  398, 604, 98, 21, $WS_TABSTOP)
    $RunScriptBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton('Run Selected', 543, 612, 107, 25, 0)
    $Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("File Location", 31, 516, 497, 57)
        $downloadLocationCh = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Use", 439, 540, 81, 17)
        $downloadLocationIn = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 47, 540, 377, 21)
    $SaveAsXLSGRP = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 540, 516, 400, 32);540, 516, 400, 32)
        $SaveAsXLSCH = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("SaveAs XLS", 545, 526, 100, 17)
        $SaveAsXLSGroupDividerLBL1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("|", 650, 524,10,12)
        GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xcccccc)
        $SaveAsXLSGroupDividerLBL2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("|", 650, 528,10,17)
        GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xcccccc)
        $ShowExcelCH = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Show Excel during SaveAs", 680, 526, 160, 17)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Thanks, this is bug with parsing leading spaces. Fixed for maintenance release, but right now you can manually remove all leading spaces, everything else for this GUI should work.

Removing the whitespace worked!!! Gosh I didn't even think of that. thanks!