Graphical AutoIt Debugger

Stumpii

New update of the AutoIt Debugger (0.29.0):

Fixed: This should fix the error that was introduced in 0.28.0 (missing dll files).

Added: Separated the Tidy log from the Output log.

As usual, link is in the first post.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

I'm running AutoIt 3.3.4.0 under Windows 7 x64. This crashes when I try to save or run a script. It completes the save successfully. It doesn't execute a script successfully before crashing.

Any ideas on how I get this bad boy up and running? Looks great, won't run yet. Shouldn't be a major problem, hopefully.

I'm running AutoIt 3.3.4.0 under Windows 7 x64. This crashes when I try to save or run a script. It completes the save successfully. It doesn't execute a script successfully before crashing.

Any ideas on how I get this bad boy up and running? Looks great, won't run yet. Shouldn't be a major problem, hopefully.

What is the error you are getting?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, with the new version, I can read files without problems of accentuation.

But if I save it, the file saved have problems : I have to convert it with some utilities to be able to read it properly.

What a pity !

(Windows XP SP3)

Now, with the new version, I can read files without problems of accentuation.

But if I save it, the file saved have problems : I have to convert it with some utilities to be able to read it properly.

What a pity !

(Windows XP SP3)

Send me a file (attachment, not inline) as an example.

Stumpii

New version of AutoIt Debugger. See link in first post.

Rev 0.30.0 - 21 Mar 10

Fixed: Problem detecting line numbers in Error and Tidy output windows.

Added: Options to auto load on external changes and only when doc is unmodified.

Added: Tooltips for Ribbon control.

Changed: External file detection only raises on popup per file is multiple changes are detected. Thanks gczobel.

Rev 0.31.0 - 24 Mar 10

Fixed: Finally think file encoding is fixed. Thanks ldub.

Rev 0.31.0 - 24 Mar 10

Fixed: Finally think file encoding is fixed. Thanks ldub.

Stumpii :(

You think right !

It's a pleasure to use your debugger now.

No more problems with French characters, Russian characters, or others!

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...

Seems it runs, loads, debugs correctly, but now it crashes when i save a new file. Still no messages to indicate what's gone wrong. I'd love to use this. :(

Win7 x64. The .Net framework is present and correctly installed. Anything I could try on my end to find significant error messages?

• 3 weeks later...

I've also loaded it in compatibility mode for XP and Vista, no change from the previous behavior; I have all the .Net runtimes, and I've tried both the portable and the basic install.

I'd really like to get this working. The lack of project management in Scite is starting to bog me down. Stumpii, could you let me know how I could get a more expressive crash report? It literally just stops working. It flashes a "program shutting down" message, and disappears.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems it runs, loads, debugs correctly, but now it crashes when i save a new file. Still no messages to indicate what's gone wrong. I'd love to use this. :idea:

Win7 x64. The .Net framework is present and correctly installed. Anything I could try on my end to find significant error messages?

If I remember, the Scintilla object I am using does not work on x64 machines. I tried to compile an x64 versions and it failed. See posts around 18 May 2008. It would appear to be somewhat working on your machine. Weird.

Edited by Stumpii

Does not support windows7 ? Debugger close when i click on run button.

My AutoIT version is v3.3.6.1

It does support Win7. Try uninstalling, deleting the C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger and then installing again. It is unfortunate that on Win7, it does not throw an error.

Are you running, or debug running?

Open one of the sample au3 scripts (C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger\Test Scripts) and try one of those.

Thanks,

Stumpii

• 3 weeks later...

It does support Win7. Try uninstalling, deleting the C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger and then installing again. It is unfortunate that on Win7, it does not throw an error.

Are you running, or debug running?

Open one of the sample au3 scripts (C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger\Test Scripts) and try one of those.

Thanks,

Stumpii

I'm also having trouble with the debugger on Windows 7 (32bit). The application closes without any kind of warning or error, but the system logs tell me this:

Fault bucket 1056256650, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: autoit debugger.exe
P2: 0.31.0.0
P3: 4baa0c19
P4: AutoIt Debugger
P5: 0.31.0.0
P6: 4baa0c19
P7: 3
P8: 1
P9: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\chrisr\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2FB6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\chrisr\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_autoit debugger._f0be8fb2a1775c1cd617c52d1cbd8c96cd6c1fd_513e52a1

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 83e96946-6f1a-11df-a476-001e370051e5
Report Status: 9

This occurs when debugging both my own scripts and the test scripts packaged with the debugger. Simply running them appears to work fine (though they don't do what they're supposed to do... hence the need for a debugger. :mellow:).

Edited by Ceiu

Have a new laptop with Win 7 x64 (plus my one one with Win 7 x86) and the debugger works fine on both. Funny, I thought it would not work on x64.

Looking at the error some people have been getting where no error report is generated. Have found some references to the fact that some .Net installs are not necessarily complete on all machines. As the program works for most people, I can only assume that the Debugger is working correctly. The Debugger has unhandled exception handling, so any error generated by the Debugger should be reported as normal and attempt to email the details back to me. If any of you can uninstall .Net 2.0 and install from MS again and let me know if that fixes the problem, that would be great. I wish that I could recreate the problem myself.

I'm also having trouble with the debugger on Windows 7 (32bit). The application closes without any kind of warning or error, but the system logs tell me this:

Fault bucket 1056256650, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: autoit debugger.exe
P2: 0.31.0.0
P3: 4baa0c19
P4: AutoIt Debugger
P5: 0.31.0.0
P6: 4baa0c19
P7: 3
P8: 1
P9: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\chrisr\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2FB6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\chrisr\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_autoit debugger._f0be8fb2a1775c1cd617c52d1cbd8c96cd6c1fd_513e52a1

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 83e96946-6f1a-11df-a476-001e370051e5
Report Status: 9

This occurs when debugging both my own scripts and the test scripts packaged with the debugger. Simply running them appears to work fine (though they don't do what they're supposed to do... hence the need for a debugger. :mellow:).

Can you send me 'C:\Users\chrisr\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2FB6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml', or see if it contains anything useful.

Thanks,

Steve

Love this project of yours Stumpii.

I'm on Win7 x64 as well, and for the most part it works well, i ran into problems yesterday but fixed it somehow(cant remember), if i stumbled upon any more I'll make sure to submit it. One thing tho! the debugger seem to crash for me when copying rather large variables, For example i had a variable containing a HTML source, the Watch section didn't show anything and didn't seem to work at all for such a large variable. When i then tried to copy the content the debugger crashed. This may or may not be a Win7 X64 issue but i seem to vaguely remember the size limit of variables being an issue on XP as well.

Thanks!