Personal development regarding IT, programming, and related topics

SOLVE-SMART

Personal development regarding IT, programming, and related topics  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use blogging platforms to publish articles or to further educate yourself on IT, programming, and related topics?

• no
    • yes to continuing education
    • yes to publishing
    • dev.to
    • hashnode.com
    • medium.com
    • other platform(s)

Hi folks ๐Ÿ‘‹,

I am interested in:

1. How you continue your education or keep up to date with programming languages, frameworks, and IT trends?
  2. Whether you publish content, write blogs/articles, etc.?

I would appreciate it if you could participate in the survey.
Thank you, and have a great time, dear community ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

๐ŸŒย Au3Forums

๐ŸŽฒ AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

๐Ÿ“Š AutoIt limits/defaults

๐Ÿ’Ž Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

๐ŸŽญ Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

๐Ÿžย False-Positives

๐Ÿ”ฎย Me on GitHub

๐Ÿ’ฌย Opinion about new forum sub category

๐Ÿ“‘ย UDF wiki list

โœ‚ย VSCode-AutoItSnippets

๐Ÿ“‘ย WebDriver FAQs

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿซย WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

To me:
a) Do you use blogging platforms to publish articles
b) or to further educate yourself
c) on IT,
d) programming,
e)ย and related topics?

Is not like I've never written a blog but can not say that I published an article.
I do publish stuff but not in a blog site.
Then IT is quite vast. You have hardware, software, products, and things I would not call IT per-se.ย 
Nowadays even a vacuum cleaner may need IT services. Information Technology even encompasses social engineering, etc. .

One thing is to publish an article and another is to read it.
Since being a subject ( as a person ), presenting an objective point is impossible. Therefore: what's your story ?, what brings you to the question ?. Because without better framing I don't know what to answer.

Say I have a question in regards to AutoIt, I go to them. A question about TrueNAS, I go to them.
And you can find blog like posts anywhere, all together in a forum devoted to a topic.
Because am assuming that your research is to figure out if you should start blogging. Is it worth it ?. And to that I'd say, follow your heart.

Follow the link to my code contributionย ( and other things too ).
FAQ -ย Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

32 minutes ago, argumentum said:

Then IT is quite vast. You have hardware, software, products, and things I would not call IT per-se.ย 
Nowadays even a vacuum cleaner may need IT services. Information Technology even encompasses social engineering, etc. .

Fair enough, I understand.

32 minutes ago, argumentum said:

Therefore: what's your story ?, what brings you to the question ?. Because without better framing I don't know what to answer.

Ah okay, yes.

I am not primarily talking about AutoIt related things. Especially not here because I guess the forum is the best place to get proper answers ๐Ÿ˜‡ . Let's talk medium.com which has a brought audience of well experienced software developers and other aspects of IT (as you mentioned). At this platform I found many helpful articles to frameworks like Cucumber.js, how to use page object model, how to use design pattern X Y Z etc.

In my professional work I have to face several languages and frameworks. The official references are often well documented and good to go, but more practical (more hands on) are blog post / articels about certain problems. That's why I personally like to read articles. But you have to be experienced enough to decide which post is non-sense and which provides enough quality. That's often not easy, but this also leads to a good learning experience (at least for me).

41 minutes ago, argumentum said:

Because am assuming that your research is to figure out if you should start blogging. Is it worth it ?. And to that I'd say, follow your heart.

I've always tried new things in the past. Sometimes this was due to work, either because it was required or just happened to come up, and other times I stumbled upon exploring YouTube videos, blog articles, learning platforms, etc., through personal projects. I don't intend to build a large audience or anything like that, as my personal and family life is much too important to me. However, I enjoy exchanging ideas with different people and learning more in that way, especially since my professional tasks often involve similar challenges and solutions.

Thanks @argumentumย ๐Ÿค .

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

๐ŸŒย Au3Forums

๐ŸŽฒ AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

๐Ÿ“Š AutoIt limits/defaults

๐Ÿ’Ž Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

๐ŸŽญ Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

๐Ÿžย False-Positives

๐Ÿ”ฎย Me on GitHub

๐Ÿ’ฌย Opinion about new forum sub category

๐Ÿ“‘ย UDF wiki list

โœ‚ย VSCode-AutoItSnippets

๐Ÿ“‘ย WebDriver FAQs

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿซย WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)