Edge for Business Version 129 not opening

Quorie

Go to solution Solved by Danp2,

Hello,

My organization solved this by downgrading our Edge for Business version back to 128, but I wanted to reach out to see what's going on in case the jump to 130 doesn't resolve anything.

The main symptom that I've been able to highlight is when the edgedriver launches, it doesn't get the port and stops once it reaches this point. With all other versions / version 128 the proper port 9515 shows there.

image.thumb.png.cc69d1991ce453242e74aa6abd351ecb.png

This is the output of the log file. The one I'm testing with now is the packaged version, but I tried updating the UDF / WinHTTP and other components in my program files with Scite and the results were the same.

_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=console   Value=C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\log.txt
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : False
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_10 WIN32_NT 22631 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF: 0.10.0 (Update available)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)
_WD_Startup: Driver:    C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver129.exe (64 Bit)
_WD_Startup: Params:    --verbose --remote-debugging=false
_WD_Startup: Port:  9515
_WD_Startup: Command:   "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver129.exe" --verbose --remote-debugging=false 
_WD_Startup ==> Success [0]
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error [6] : HTTP status = 0
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception [10]
_WD_Navigate ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   URL=<URL>
_WD_WaitElement ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="username"]   Delay=Default   Timeout=Default   Options=3
_WD_FindElement ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="username"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_FindElement ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="password"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_FindElement ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="auth_form"]/div[3]/input   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_WaitElement ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="protocolhandler-welcome-installButton"]   Delay=Default   Timeout=Default   Options=3
_WD_WaitElement ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="protocolhandler-detect-alreadyInstalledLink"]   Delay=Default   Timeout=Default   Options=3
_WD_WaitElement ==> Send / Recv error [6] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="home-screen"]/div[2]/section[5]/div[5]/div/ul/li[1]/a[1]/img   Delay=Default   Timeout=Default   Options=3
__WD_Delete ==> Send / Recv error [6] : HTTP status = 0

These are my capabilities and my startup code.

Func SetupEdge()
_WD_Option('Driver', $oMSDriverPath)
_WD_Option('Port', 9515)
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --remote-debugging=false')
_WD_Option('console', "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\log.txt")

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"ms:edgeOptions": {"args": ["safe-mode=true", "start-maximized=true", "guest=true"], "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"]}}}}'
EndFunc

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession, $sElement
SetupEdge()
_WD_Startup()
_WD_ConsoleVisible()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "<URL>")

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and also seeing if anyone else has ran into this for their own scripts.

• Solution
45 minutes ago, Quorie said:
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF: 0.10.0 (Update available)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)

You should upgrade both of these ASAP.

Then look at the updated wd_demo script for the correct way to pass the port number to the webdriver.

P.S. This has been recently discussed in several thread here, so you should be able to find the solution using the search function.

15 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

You should upgrade both of these ASAP.

Then look at the updated wd_demo script for the correct way to pass the port number to the webdriver.

P.S. This has been recently discussed in several thread here, so you should be able to find the solution using the search function.

That worked! And just to have it in this thread, I did have to keep the old _WD_Option('Port', 9515) line for it to work. When I commented that out it prevented edge from launching like others reported.

7 hours ago, Quorie said:

And just to have it in this thread, I did have to keep the old _WD_Option('Port', 9515) line for it to work. When I commented that out it prevented edge from launching like others reported.

What do you mean by "the old _WD_Option('Port', 9515)"? Of course you need both lines. The port option and the DriverParams option, see wd_demo here.
It's not new, the only change is that you also have to add the port in the DriverParams statement.

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category