au3stripper not doing anything?

I am working on a small script, which randomly throws an error (Subscript used on non-accessible variable.) and gives me a line number that is well outside the actual size of my script. The error seems to only happen inthe compiled .exe (or that could just be the random timing of the issue), anyway, after reading through the forum a little, I am aware that the line numbers of the compiled script are taking into account all of the include files etc.

So having added

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/mo

to my script, I expected that when I compile it, I should get "myscript_stripped.au3" outputted, but there is nothing there, the file is not created.

Am I reading out dated info, is au3stripper not working, is it a weird fun windows 11 securit feature?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I even tried to outsmart it by adding 

MsgBox ( 0, "Starting Line number", @scriptlinenumber )

However, it gives the correct line number when running the script, but the compiled script only give "-1" as the line number.

Just the following only.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\Aut2Exe\Aut2exe.exe" /in "E:\AutIt\RocketDock_to_front_Taskbar_to_bottom.au3"
>Exit code: 0

My script starts like this...

;#pragma compile(Icon, dock_icon.ico)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/mo
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
    Local $aScreenResolution = _DesktopDimensions()
; Get the dimensions of the primary monitor
$iFullDesktopWidth = $aScreenResolution[1]
$iFullDesktopHeight = $aScreenResolution[2]

I have since discovered where the error is from, but not why au3stripper doesn't seem to do anything.

• Developers
2 hours ago, spinal said:

Just the following only.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\Aut2Exe\Aut2exe.exe" /in "E:\AutIt\RocketDock_to_front_Taskbar_to_bottom.au3"
>Exit code: 0

That one-line command shown means you have not installed the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, so also do not have Autoit3Wrapper and au3stripper options.

Just install the full version and you should be in business. :) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)