Programming click of a button does not work

Go to solution Solved by ioa747,

Hello guys,

Could you please help me? I am very new to autoit, and been trying to find a solution for a few days and could not find anything.😐

We have a script which connects through SQL Developer and uses "TAB" to switch between fields and writes the values. There was a new version of the product and it looks the same but the buttons are behaving a bit differently. We have a problem with the last field in the picture "Service name".

• Before: Jumped to service name and marked it, tabbed and wrote the service name
  • After: Jumps to the grey field and does not write anything (it cant be written when not clicked)

My thoughts:

• I was trying to use the au3info, but cant see anything useful when hovering over the window.
  • I was thinking of a mouse click with coordinates, though I read when multiple users use this, it can be mis clicking elsewhere
  • I tried to use buttons but they should be visible in the au3info I guess.

I have attached the code that was handling the logic before and the SQL connection window.

Anyone any ideas please?

Thanks a lot.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 161907.png

Screenshot 2024-07-12 163054.png

Can't add much for help, but you could try Control Viewer, it picks up some things AU3 info misses for buttons etc.

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

• Solution

in the photo you sent us, I see an underlined letter in each word. E.G. Username,  Password, SID,  Service name, etc.
This means that with alt and U it goes to the Username,  with alt and P it goes to the password,  etc.
Try to find the keyboard navigation logic first,  and then try it with the script

good luck

I know that I know nothing

Thanks @ioa747this really worked perfectly. This way I can shorten the whole script:
so this is how the needed part looks now, if anyone after me would be also curious:
    If (StringLen($TargetSID) = 0) Then
        Send("{TAB}")
        Sleep(100)
        Send("!e")
        Sleep(1000)
        Send("{TAB}")
        Send("{TAB}")
        Send($TargetServiceName)

@donnyh13 thanks for the recommendation, will be sure useful later on.