WinPenPack's X-Launcher Update to x64 - Script error help please

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 4:56 PM, argumentum said:

You should install the SciTE we use here. That, we can give support to.

Let's start with that. What is your project ? Where is the code ?

I am trying to update the X-Launcher code. Ultimately, I would like to understand why there are so many errors/warnings in the original source code and how to fix them.

Original X-Launcher source.

On 6/1/2024 at 11:52 PM, argumentum said:
;** AUTOIT3 settings
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=Y                   ;(Y/N) Use Ansi versions for AutoIt3a or AUT2EXEa. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y                    ;(Y/N) Use X64 versions for AutoIt3_x64 or AUT2EXE_x64. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=P                   ;(B/P) Use Beta or Production for AutoIt3 and AUT2EXE. Default is P
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=N            ;(Y/N)Run Script with console debugging. Default=N

is for version 3.2.12.1 of AutoIt.
Hence the error on "While @InetGetActive"

I have downloaded this version but am still getting errors/warnings from several of the files in the original source code.

I don't expect you to fix it all for me and I would actually like to try and learn AutoIT myself. Though I have tried several tutorials, there is so much to learn to get to a level like this that I just don't know how to start.  I followed the AutoIt123 tutorial, but got stuck trying to remember everything, insomnia not helping!

Am now looking at the tutorial on AutoIT wiki page. But, wow, so much to take in! lol

Any pointers on where to start? Or just follow tutorials, read, read and read again!

One thing that I don't get is how variables are used. For example, in Rainmeter code, there is a [Variables] section that allows users to define their own. How is that achieved in AutoIT? Cos looking at the source code for X-Launcher, I cannot see any reference to where all the variables are told what they do. Sorry if I don't make sense!

Edited by sl23

Posted (edited)

Ok, I think I understand what Variables are and how they get Assigned. You use UDF Func, EndFunc to assign a Variable it's name and function, is that right? Not sure how that fits into Global and Local though!

Much more complex than Rainmeter! :lol:

Edited by sl23

Ok, I found this book and it is pretty good at explaining, things!

I already understand the idea on declaring variables now.

$AppName = _IniReadPlus($ScriptIni, 'Setup', 'AppName', 'MyApp')

This is from X-Launcher source. It is stating that you call a variable $AppName that is read from the INI file $ScriptINI (previously declared as X-Launcher.ini), in the section called [Setup], then reads the Key called AppName and finally the name of MyApp. I assume that elsewhere the script is told that MyApp can be renamed to anything, and whatever it is called is the Variable used when referred to via $AppName! :)

Sorry, probably not the best place for this discussion, I know. Even though it's one-sided at the moment! :lol:

3 hours ago, sl23 said:

probably not the best place for this discussion, I know. Even though it's one-sided at the moment! :lol:

It's all good. Where else are we going to chat about this other than here.

5 hours ago, sl23 said:

I followed the AutoIt123 tutorial, but got stuck trying to remember everything,

The way I learned was changing the help file examples and seeing if what I did ( whatever change/hack ) worked

5 hours ago, sl23 said:

I have downloaded this version but am still getting errors/warnings from several of the files in the original source code.

The one I got is about a missing function:

Spoiler
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;
;                   X-install
;
;
;===============================================================================
;
; Function Name:    _DefaultInstal()
; Description:      Install base default files
; Syntax:           _DefaultInstal(Tempdir, lang)
;
;===============================================================================
Func _DefaultInstall($Temp, $Lang="it")

;  Install x-defaults
    FileInstall('files\x-default', $Temp & '\x-default')

#cs
    ; Install locale files
    FileInstall('files\x-default_it', $Temp & '\x-default_it')
    FileInstall('files\x-default_en', $Temp & '\x-default_en')

; Install OpenOffice files
    FileInstall('files\x-default_views', $Temp & '\x-default_views')
    FileInstall('files\x-default_paths', $Temp & '\x-default_paths')
    FileInstall('files\x-default_common', $Temp & '\x-default_common')
    FileInstall('files\x-default_lang', $Temp & '\x-default_lang')

; Install Dia - Scribus files
    FileInstall('files\x-default_options', $Temp & '\x-default_options')

; Install KompoZer files
    FileInstall('files\x-default_comp', $Temp & '\x-default_comp')
    FileInstall('files\x-default_def', $Temp & '\x-default_def')
    #ce

EndFunc   ;==>_DefaultInstal

but I found it.

4 hours ago, sl23 said:

I assume that elsewhere the script is told that MyApp can be renamed to anything, and whatever it is called is the Variable used when referred to via $AppName! :)

No idea but with the above function at least it will run :) 

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png