How do I transfer field data from a CSV into fields on an application screen

Go to solution Solved by Danp2,

I'm at a loss here, since I'm pretty sure autoit can do what I want but I don't see examples to help lead me to a solution.
Specifics:  I have a CSV file downloaded (legally) from the SSA that contains registration information on everyone from 1936 - 2000 and who are confirmed deceased.
Fields are, for example, first name, middle name, surname, SSN, date and place of birth ... etc.
What I want to do is parse the file, person by person, and fill in the 'Person' information on RootsMagic genealogy program.
I was a programmer in my past life (I'm 76m give me a break) so examples or point me to the help articles that would show me how to do what I want.

Thanks //al

@Danp2  Well, that wasn't exactly what I was looking for  :)  but it did give me a workable direction I hadn't thought of. 
I'm thinking that a quick BASIC program will take that CSV and let me write out a GEDCOM ... which as I said hadn't occurred to me.
Thanks for the suggestion //al
(( and with that I'll close this now. ))

(( ARGH VS 2022 is a lot different from VS2015 but I'll survive and learn ... old brain needs exercise anyway ))