WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 2024/09/21

Danp2

Hello Danp2, you mention in the header description of the _WD_WaitElement... "See defined constant $_WD_LOCATOR_* for allowed values". I am just missing it... but where is the $_WD_LOCATOR constant defined, so that I can see the allowed values, please?

5 minutes ago, lponthepc said:

Hello Dan, I have a table of reports... how can I access the values in the table and click on the "View" link for the report that I want using the Chrome webdriver. Please see attachment... if I could search the "title" attribure in the td element, and then click on that "View" link, would be good. 

table_of_reports.JPG

Hello Mr. Danp2, can you tell me how you can get a table, and go through all of the records in the td of the table...? Using IE you can get the collection with _IETagNameGetCollection or _IEFrameGetCollection... is there any method to traverse a table in Chrome...???

@Danp2 I tried DanyLarson's code for html table extraction.  I am having problem with this line getting the count of the header cells.

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $BaseElement & "/tbody/tr[1]/td", "", True)
    $ColNumber = UBound($aElements)

The $ColNumber returns zero count.  However, the next lines return all the cell counts.

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $BaseElement & "/tbody/tr/td", "", True)
    $CellNumber = UBound($aElements)

Could you please take a look to see why with restriction to the first row, "tr[1]/td", does not return any array count....Thanks

Hi Dan,

we would like to open a new window in the same Firefox instance instead of a tab in the same Firefox window. We cannot use AutoIt-"run" because of "AllowMultipleInstances=true" in the wrapper of portable apps. We need this, because we have to run two different Firefox versions at the same time.

_WD_NewWindow($sSession) instead of _WD_NewTab($sSession) would help. Other idea?

Thanks for your help.

Hi @HJL,

A couple of thoughts --

1) Use _WD_NewTab with the appropriate value for the $sFeatures parameter, ie:

_WD_NewTab($sSession, True, -1, 'http://google.com', 'width=800,height=1200')

2) You could try sending a Ctrl-N using Send(), ControlSend(), or possibly some other webdriver "friendly" command

HTH, Dan

On 1/14/2019 at 3:31 AM, danylarson said:

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your review i noticed my mistake.

Here is an improved version of my fonction to get Table content :

Func _WD_GetTableContent($sSession, $aElements, $Separator, $ContainHeader = "")

Local $BaseElement
    Local $LineNumber
    Local $ColNumber
    Local $i
    local $j
    Local $sValue
    Local $TmpValue
    Local $StartCell

$BaseElement = $aElements

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $BaseElement & "/tbody/tr", "", True)
    $LineNumber = UBound($aElements)

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $BaseElement & "/tbody/tr[1]/td", "", True)
    $ColNumber = UBound($aElements)

Local $sArray = [$LineNumber]

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $BaseElement & "/tbody/tr/td", "", True)
;~     _ArrayDisplay($aElements)

$CellNumber = UBound($aElements)

If $ContainHeader = "" Then

$StartCell = 0

Else

$StartCell = $ColNumber

EndIf

For $i = $StartCell To $CellNumber - 1

$sElement = $aElements[$i]
        $TmpValue = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'Text')
        $sValue = $sValue & "##" & $TmpValue

$j = $j + 1

If $j = $ColNumber Then

_ArrayAdd($sArray, $sValue)
            $sValue = ""
            $j = ""

EndIf

Next

For $i = 1 To UBound($sArray) - 1

$TmpValue = $sArray[$i]
        $TmpValue = StringMid($TmpValue, 3)
        $TmpValue = StringReplace($TmpValue, "##", $Separator)

$sArray[$i] = $TmpValue

Next

Return $sArray

EndFunc   ;==>_WD_GetTableContent

Hello Dan2, I used this function and I get an error.  I am trying to get the content from a table... This is my error...

Unable to locate an element with the xpath expression 14d18d66-2e47-4995-b669-3bc9ed9d1dbc/tbody/tr because of the following error:\nSyntaxError: Failed to execute 'evaluate' on 'Document': The string '14d18d66-2e47-4995-b669-3bc9ed9d1dbc/tbody/tr' is not a valid XPath expression.

This is what I use to call the function...

$sTableV = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//table[@class='"&$sTable_Class&"']")
_ArrayDisplay(_WD_GetTableContent($sSession, $sTableV, "##"))

FindElement returns the element, but when I pass that element to GetTableContent I get the error above... so you can see the guid appended to the /tbody/tr... what am I doing wrong...???

Why some time, does chrome fail to start... I get this error code: "__WD_Post: StatusCode=404; ResponseText={"value":{"error":"invalid session id","message":"invalid session id","stacktrace" 

And when you do get this error, how can you get an alert, an stop the rest of the script from running???

Also, how can you stop Chrome from coming up and saying... "Chrome is being controlled by automated test software"... with the "data;, tab.  I never programmed it to do that in my script... So where does the "data;," tab come from...?

image.png.10ac6e06d4d497d0dbe2522f5da26721.png

@lponthepc Search the forum for "disable-infobars". That's how you disable the notification in Chrome.

For your other issues, you'll need to provide a brief script that we can use to observe the behavior you describe. Otherwise, we can only guess at the cause since we don't have a crystal ball to tell us what you're doing. 🙂

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 2024/09/21
  • Melba23 pinned this topic