BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

I took some screenshots of "Additional Information" ... not sure if it will help.

2024-08-2113_00_26-Testings.au3-SciTE3of.png.5b1351c97b98bba72468c60605020528.png

2024-08-2113_00_33-Testings.au3-SciTE3of.png.c4b49b9e92a50d78cc8f07c7907895b5.png

I also clicked Debug, and this came up.

2024-08-2113_02_18-SciTE(Debugging)-MicrosoftVisualStudio.png.96d5d20ce9adea2e293de3f516141589.png

Edited by donnyh13

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

2 minutes ago, argumentum said:
MSVCP140.dll

This dll seems to be the problem file mentioned in my crash too....

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

That seems to have fixed it @argumentum, thank you!

I installed two windows updates also (KB3035126;KB3126587), but they were just security updates., I'm thinking it was the VC_Redis.

Thanks for the update @Jos, Scite seems much quicker now.

Edit: My display issues seems gone too, the ones I had to set technology to 0 for.... Not sure which thing fixed it now.... 🤔

Edit2: Tried the Old Scite and my Display issue is still gone. VC_redist must have fixed it also. 🙄

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

10 hours ago, donnyh13 said:

@mLipok did you get a chance to try it yet?

Not yet.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers
Posted (edited)

So I guess it all points to an invalid/old/wrong MSVCP140.dll file, so restored the 2 downloads for others to test as well. :)   

On 8/21/2024 at 7:53 PM, Jos said:

Just uploaded SciTEx86.zipSciTEx64.zip which contain the Latest SciTE 5.5.2 versions released today.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have a futuristic intel 15900KYZ processor running Windows 3000+ enterprise but some people run older hardware and software.
Will the installer, once released, check for the libraries version and refuse to install unless updated ? Can that be done ?
Note: I watch too much TV and my questions may be silly 

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Developers
30 minutes ago, argumentum said:

Will the installer, once released, check for the libraries version and refuse to install unless updated ? Can that be done ?

Is already in there since 2021, so we have had issues with the missing msvcp140.dll before, but not with an invalid one as far as I remember:

System::Call 'KERNEL32::LoadLibrary(t "$SysDir\msvcp140.dll")p.r0'
${If} $0 P<> 0
    DetailPrint "I was able to load the msvcp140 run-time dll"
${Else}
    MessageBox MB_ICONEXCLAMATION|MB_YESNO "Please install the vc_redist.x86.exe as msvcp140.dll isn't available on yoursystem!$\nSciTE will likely fail without this.$\nOpen Microsoft downloads?: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search?q=vc_redist.x86" IDNO +2
    ExecShell open "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search?q=vc_redist.x86"
    DetailPrint "vc_redist.x86.exe not loaded yet so SciTE likely won't run."
    DetailPrint "Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search?q=vc_redist.x86 and download/install vc_redist.x86.exe."
${EndIf}
DetailPrint "===== Install finished. =========================================="

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks again Jos, I am quite happy with the new feature to Ctrl Click in order to remove a multi selection cursor in this new version, but I was just curious if there is a setting to allow us to Ctrl+click-drag to copy a selection again? Or was Neil unable to have both? I didn't see one in the settings list, unless I missed it. Or perhaps this is a question for the Scite forum?

Thanks

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

• Developers

Guess thats one for Neil as i have no idea about that stuff and would have to start digging into it first.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Okay, I found it. Sorry.

Ctrl-click on a selection deselects it in multiple selection mode. This interferes with Ctrl-drag to copy text but that can be worked around by starting a drag with no modifier keys then pressing Ctrl during the drag.

Spoiler

I just had a look at the https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE5-with-DynamicFunctions/ folder.

What is the correct way to get the latest beta/alpha for testing?

• Download SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable.zip dated 2024-01-04 09:26
  • Download SciTEx64.zip/SciTEx86.zip dated 2024-08-23 07:36

Is there anything else more recent or recommended?

Edited by IronFine

3 hours ago, IronFine said:

What is the correct way to get the latest beta/alpha for testing?

• Download SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable.zip dated 2024-01-04 09:26
  • Download SciTEx64.zip/SciTEx86.zip dated 2024-08-23 07:36

Is there anything else more recent or recommended?

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE5-with-DynamicFunctions/SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes_LUA.zip

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I am getting an error when I try to edit a .au3

MSVCP140_dll.jpg.3f97c9bf1889584673af379b87874f7e.jpg

I did uninstall SciTE first.

I did remove all remaining files in the SciTE folder.

I installed Beta version SciTE v 5.4.0.

I still had the error.

I installed MicrosoftVisual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015vc_redist.x86.exe

It said it couldn't because there was a newer one installed.

I uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++2015-2022 Redistributable Version_VC_redist.x86.exe

and the 64bit version.

I reinstalled MicrosoftVisual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015vc_redist.x86.exe

and the 64bit version.

I rebooted.

I'm still getting the same error.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

• Developers

Maybe @donnyh13 can share which version he installed to fix his setup and see if that also works for you. I am still unsure why this happens and is hard to debug when it doesn't happen to me. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Docfxit, I installed the VC_Redist linked by argumentum on the previous page.

On 8/22/2024 at 1:30 PM, argumentum said:
The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 
x86: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
x64: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

2024-09-0507_21_41-ProgramsandFeatures.png.b18fdb6bda3821f6ee83d67d47129fd0.png

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

donnyh13: 

Thank you for the reply...

I installed both of the files as Administrator.

I'm still getting the same error.

Would you mind checking to see if you have the same files in:

C:\Windows\System32

msvcp140.dll                          4/27/2024  11:20:20 PM A
msvcp140_1.dll                        4/27/2024  11:20:20 PM A
msvcp140_2.dll                        4/27/2024  11:20:20 PM A
msvcp140_atomic_wait.dll              4/27/2024  11:20:20 PM A
msvcp140_clr0400.dll                  6/24/2022  2:31:26 PM  A
msvcp140_codecvt_ids.dll              4/27/2024  11:20:20 PM A

Are you running Windows Pro 64bit?  I am.

Maybe I'm not running the latest version of SciTE?

api                                   DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:33 PM -
au3Stripper                           DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:33 PM -
AutoIt3Wrapper                        DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:34 PM -
CodeWizard                            DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:34 PM -
Defs                                  DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM -
Koda                                  DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:34 PM -
lua                                   DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:33 PM -
Properties                            DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:33 PM -
SciTE Jump                            DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM -
SciTEConfig                           DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM -
Tidy                                  DIR  9/4/2024   11:04:34 PM -
au3.keywords.properties               91599  9/19/2022  11:35:22 AM A
install.log                           17994  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM A
install_user.log                      876  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM A
Lexilla.dll                           890368  12/3/2023  3:54:22 AM  A
License.txt                           868  6/20/2011  4:47:06 AM  A
luaCOPYRIGHT                          1562  1/2/2010   2:15:48 PM  A
Scintilla.dll                         646144  12/3/2023  3:54:16 AM  A
SciTE.exe                             1155584  12/3/2023  3:54:28 AM  A
SciTE4AutoIt3.chm                     2484057  12/27/2023 5:32:06 AM  A
SciTE4AutoIt3.url                     67  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM A
SciTEGlobal.properties                22095  10/3/2023  10:37:06 AM A
SciTEUser.properties                  59  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM A
SciTEVersion.ini                      55  9/4/2024   11:04:46 PM A
uninst.exe                            62478  9/4/2024   11:04:35 PM A

Thank you

Edited by Docfxit

25 minutes ago, Docfxit said:

Would you mind checking to see if you have the same files in: C:\Windows\System32

ConsoleWrite(FileGetVersion("msvcp140.dll") & @CRLF) ; 14.28.29334.0

and that version on my PC is not from "C:\Windows\System32\msvcp140.dll", is from "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iclsclient.inf_amd64_fc84dfa25a6a7727\lib\msvcp140.dll"

Why ?, how?, .. no clue.
( PC with the old SciTE, I forgot what virtual PC I tested the new beta on )

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

1 hour ago, Docfxit said:

Would you mind checking to see if you have the same files in

I can confirm I have the same files listed. Plus a few others from from version 14.29 and one file from 14.10.

2024-09-0509_25_04-System32.png.980e2bfc8f92fd4ef4664be347964579.png

I am running Windows 7, 64bit.

Your Scite, Lexilla and Scintilla are older files I see. They should have the date of: 8/21/2024

The installer will have the old version, you will have to replace those with the single Scite, Lexilla and Scintilla files from the Scite x86/x64 here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE5-with-DynamicFunctions/

[   ] SciTEx64.zip 2024-08-23 07:36 1.3M  
[   ] SciTEx86.zip 2024-08-23 07:36 1.2M  

46 minutes ago, argumentum said:
ConsoleWrite(FileGetVersion("msvcp140.dll") & @CRLF) ; 14.28.29334.0

This reports 14.40.33810.0 for me.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler