regex to prepend '0x' to string chunks

with dllstruct syntax you can have a similar syntax than an array index:

$arr = DllStructCreate('byte b[256]')
DllCall('user32.dll', 'bool', 'GetKeyboardState', 'struct*', $arr)
$arr.b( 1 + $VK_CONTROL) ; <<<< VK_CONTROL byte

otherwise you will need to get a string with the One-Liner array (and then convert back to number on demand)

$arr = StringRegExp(StringRegExpReplace(DllStructGetData(_WinAPI_GetKeyboardState(),1),'[[:xdigit:]]{2}','0x$0'),'.{4}',3,3)
_ArrayDisplay($arr)

;  yeyeah one-liner \o/

I'm highly skeptical that a key can both toggled on and down.   for some reason it looks that way it's most likely a 0 in 0x8 is being cut off, but it's impossible to tell bc the data isn't separated as intended.   Regex is looping through the string you just don't see it, it's just happening elsewhere.   

2 hours ago, markyrocks said:

Regex is looping through the string you just don't see it, it's just happening elsewhere.   

That's basicaly what i wanted to say (but sometimes i refrain myself this kind of comment ^^), but it is done with some optimized compiled code, so it's far faster than a native AutoIt loop. Anyway if you want to split your data (as numbers) into some AutoIt array, you will need to loop through it at a moment or another.

I'm highly skeptical that a key can both toggled on and down.

Well it's just the state, the toggling is handled when the key_down 'event' is fired. You pressed: it toggle, but as long as you hold the key it's still down ...

for some reason it looks that way it's most likely a 0 in 0x8 is being cut off, but it's impossible to tell bc the data isn't separated as intended.

It's just about the bit (low or high order, 'righter' or 'lefter'), there's no hex cutoff or stuff like that (also 0x8 will be nor toggled nor down, it is a bitmask) (you can see in my code i handle the stuff by cheking the bits themself)

Edited by 636C65616E

Well i'll be, I did a test and it does output a 0x81.   That is true about optimized compiled code but I was thinking that the nature of a strings being somewhat slow as are string comparisons that it might be possible that an autoit loop simply evaluating a a bool statement could be faster but what was i thinking lol.     Ok I think I got it figured out its kinda simple and but its fast and it does make sense even though the math is weird due to mixing what amounts to a 0 based array and a 1 based index on the binary string but it is fast.  Its not going to display via array display but it seems to be the ticket.

#include <WinAPISys.au3>

$struct = DllStructCreate("struct;byte[256];endstruct",DllStructGetPtr(_WinAPI_GetKeyboardState()))

$timer = TimerInit()

$binary = Binary(DllStructGetData($struct,1)) ;once you are here you have what amounts to a binary array accessed via $state = BinaryMid($binary,$key_code+1,1(byte))

ConsoleWrite("timer = " & TimerDiff($timer) & "ms" & @CRLF)

for $x = 1 to BinaryLen($binary) ;just for display purposes
        ConsoleWrite("key = 0x" & Hex($x-1,2) & " State " & Int(BinaryMid($binary,$x,1)) & @CRLF)
Next