PiD “challenge”

16 hours ago, JockoDundee said:

*Heck, even @TheSaint was right :)

What do you mean, even? :muttley:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

What do you mean, even?

Unfortunately, I meant exactly what it sounds like:  “even“ as in “can you even believe @TheSaint was right ?!”.  But I had little choice in the matter, as “even” a cursory analysis will show.

First off, please understand the tone and the overarching intent of my entire post: exaggerated self-flagellation.  
Why would I do that?
Consider, here I was, a relative unknown, irreverently Jostling with the OGs, at the same time abusing the sacred “challenge” designation, and smugly pushing my plausible yet ultimately false assertion, to everyone with the possible exception of you.

And so to atone properly, the moment required the heartfelt display of extreme and genuine humility, (which is something I have always been quite good at, if I do say so myself).

That is where you come in.  You see everyone else was arguing from a point of mere brute force logic; but not you, instead you barged thru the door, unannounced, with your copious wit and searing sarcasm on full display, settling scores from untold battles with those in your clan, and then just as quickly, departing, no doubt heading off to more important matters.

However, since your post was the only not directly in conflict with my claim, I seized on it as a way to humorously deprecate myself further.  And, that is where the word “even” comes in.  
For if I had said truthfully “No surprise but the TheSaint was proven right again” this would not diminish me as much.  
But rather I needed to bring you down just a tad so I could squeeze under you “even” further.

But now I see I didn’t think it thru enough :)

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

And to think I could have replied to TheDcoder's reply instead, and shown him the error of his ways, and thus missed out on such a heartfelt reply. :lol:

Luckily Fate intervened, that fickle woman of the web, and a different thread was spun. :blink:

Such is life on this spinning globe as it traverses the Milky Bar Way. :D

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

And to think I could have replied to TheDcoder's reply instead, and shown him the error of his way

Perhaps you should see to that at once.   His alarming generality and lack of specificity continues to go unchecked, and with each passing day his posts are growing more vague and indistinct, as his proper noun usage continues to plummet.

And, so I would feel honored if you would give @TheDcoder a good thrashing on my very own thread, one with as many obscure references, inside jokes and disarming non-sequiturs as possible, and I pray that @TheDcoder will respond in kind, with a sustained volley of off-hand dismissals, special pleadings and rhetorical flourishes, and the both of you will lay waste to the thread, so that it be ever be remembered in that way, and not as the thread in which “that guy”, aka me, was wrong. :)

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

Alas, if I could only give TheDcoder the thrashing he deserves, but he is hard to come by and my laid back Cowboy is not up to his elusive lazyboy Indian. :lmao:

And to make matters worse, he is now batting for the other side .... Linux ... and showing great Nerdity, which is not a thing to engage with lightly ... frankly, he scares me with his rate of progress ... but in an all out battle I am sure to win .... for now .... he is moving beyond the grasshopper stage though, and it won't be long before he has snatched more pebbles than I have marbles. :sweating:

He can also be imagined as a caterpillar reaching toward the butterfly his mother and father imagine ... a young man of many colors. :alien:

His single biggest failing so far, is he doesn't find enough of my words funny enough. :muttley:

Spoiler

userbar.png