zPlayer - My own little audio/video player

CYCho

Go to solution Solved by TheXman,

I recently found that Microsoft had inserted some new items in Windows 11 file property collection. Formerly, I could get a video frame width with $oDir.GetDetailsOf($oFile, 316). But now the column number for frame width was pushed back to 322, 6 items having been inserted before 311. I confirmed that there was no change in Windows 10. Since I now know that the column numbers can change any time, I had to find a way to get the property values without using their column numbers. @ioa747 suggested using ExtendedProperty() method. That solved problems for video properties. But that method failed in some of the music file properties. For example, ExtendedProperty("System.Music.Artist") produced an empty string while GetDetailsOf($oFile, 13) produced a valid result. However, I was relieved to find that the first 30 or so column numbers, which cover most of properties of music files, have not changed since Win_Vista. So I decided to use ExtendedProperty() for video file properties ony. I incorporated this method in the latest version of zPlayer.