Tooltip text - (Moved)

Have you looked at the _GUITooltip* UDF?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

17 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

Have you looked at the _GUITooltip* UDF?

Yes.I think that works only if you have created the GUI.Over here I am not creating the GUI..I am using a pre-created GUI.I have tried gettext() gettitle().None of them seems to work.

Look at the second example of _GUIToolTip_GetText. The UDF works for non-AutoIt tooltips as well.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIToolTip.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Global $g_iPID

; Hover over one of the characters in the Charmap app to get a tooltip to display, then press 'g' to
; retrieve its text information.
HotKeySet('g', "_Read_Tip")

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Run character map program
    $g_iPID = Run("charmap.exe")
    ; Wait for it to become the active window
    WinWaitActive("Character Map", "", 10)
    While ProcessExists($g_iPID)
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func _Read_Tip()
    ; Get list of tooltips
    Local $aTipList = WinList("[CLASS:tooltips_class32]")
    Local $aRet
    ; See which belong to your app
    For $i = 1 To $aTipList[0][0]
        If WinGetProcess($aTipList[$i][1]) = $g_iPID Then
            ; See which one is active
            $aRet = _GUIToolTip_GetCurrentTool($aTipList[$i][1])
            ; If one is active then display it
            If $aRet[8] <> "" Then MsgBox(0, "Visible Tip", $aRet[8])
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_Read_Tip

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have taken this from the documentation site of autoIT.This too does not show a messaebox for the required tooltip.

:(

Did you press the G key?

22 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

Did you press the G key?

This works with charmap but it does not work with  my application is there any way you could help me out

I changed the processId and title according to my  application

But still it does not work.i just copy pasted this code into my code at the appropriate places.

Global $g_iPID
$g_iPID = Run("D:\DemoApplication.exe")

and the rest of the code

MouseMove("1320","413")
HotKeySet('g', "_Read_Tip")

and then i have have pasted the above code in my application

Could you help me out

Thanks.

Try inserting this line into your script.

Local $aTipList = WinList("[CLASS:tooltips_class32]")
    _ArrayDisplay($aTipList) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< insert this line
    Local $aRet

While the tooltip is active, and you press the hotkey, if there are any tooltips that can be read the _ArrayDisplay function should list them. If there's no _ArrayDisplay, then it either can't read from that program, or there's another issue.

BTW, to use _ArrayDisplay, you will need to add the include Array.au3.

$g_iPID = Run("charmap.exe")

Did you run the other application this way?

You know, the script uses it to retrieve process id, and works with PID from there on.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Hi everybody,

Could this script be helpful to list tooltips hovered upon, from any application, in an Edit field ?

It is based on what you wrote in this thread, plus another thread from 2010, found here :

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/108960-get-tooltips_class32-word/

#Include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiEdit.au3>
#include <GuiToolTip.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $aTipText[0], $iWidth = 300, $iHeight = 300

$hGui = GUICreate("Tooltips", $iWidth, $iHeight, -1, -1, _
   $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX + $WS_MINIMIZEBOX + $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

$idEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0, 0, $iWidth -2, $iHeight -28)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   _Read_Tip()
   Sleep(100)
WEnd
GUIDelete($hGui)

Func _Read_Tip()
   $aTipList = WinList("[CLASS:tooltips_class32]")
   $iNumber_Windows = $aTipList[0][0]
   For $i = 1 To $iNumber_Windows
      $aTipInfo = _GUIToolTip_GetCurrentTool($aTipList[$i][1])
      If Not $aTipInfo[8] = "" Then
         If _ArrayFindAll($aTipText, $aTipInfo[8]) = -1 Then
            _ArrayAdd($aTipText, $aTipInfo[8])
            _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($idEdit, $aTipInfo[8] & @CRLF & "*****" & @CRLF)
         EndIf
      EndIf
   Next
EndFunc ; ==> _Read_Tip

In the next image, 4 first tooltips come from charmap.exe, 5th from Windows Explorer (hovering a folder name), 6th & 7th from hovering Tabs in Windows Taskbar etc...

5b6ec6bf61f0f_Tooltiptext.jpg.8f771f0cef713f132df3656f1ecd0fa7.jpg

Hope it helps :)

Edited by pixelsearch