ResourcesEx UDF.

guinness

Logman,

See the first post, I believe the issue is fixed. The problem was I wasn't carrying over @extended from the internal function. My bad and a misconception of this...

Call2()
Local $iExtended = @extended ; Should be 101???
ConsoleWrite($iExtended & @CRLF)

Call1()
$iExtended = @extended ; Phew, this works.
ConsoleWrite($iExtended & @CRLF)

Func Call1()
    Return SetError(100, 101, True)
EndFunc   ;==>Call1

Func Call2()
    Return Call1()
EndFunc   ;==>Call2

Well it's good to learn something new.

Thanks guinness for respond.

I finally used the function _Resource_GetAsBytes() instead of _Resource_GetAsRaw(), but I had another problem on my side... an older version of SciTE editor, so it wasn't possible to add any resource file. After upgrade everything works great.

Thanks again

You're welcome. Good to see all is working.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

mesale0077,

Already done - >the code I posted here allows you to convert mp3 files to hybrid wav files and play them from the resource table. ;)

M23

I guess that without my thread this:

_ResourcePlaySound() plays only WAV files (not MP3 files) [FIXED]

would not have happened right?

At the time it was not fixed it was hard to get to this result. Now it's easy for everyone!

I wish it would happened long before. but now I'm not going to fix what works and in my case the solution I use is better for performance.

The solution I use is to use prebuilt wav file(with mp3 architecture) and not create it again and again every time I call to _ResourcePlaySound .

I guess what done here is NOT to convert the mp3 file to hybrid wav file only once during the compile process. and the solution here is to do the convert process in _ResourcePlaySound. If I'm right, then it is not a smart solution because this way you are not saving from the CPU this process and the CPU have to do it each time it need to play mp3 file.

But as I said, I'm not sure what done here. Is it convert the mp3 file to wav only once during the compile process or not?

Edited by Guest

You've posted in the wrong thread. You're looking for the original Resources UDF.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I'm not confused.
I know that the development of the original Resources UDF was
stopped and you continues to develop the original UDF and you call it ResourcesEx

So instead of ask for new feature and ask questions in the first thread, I do it here because you continume to develop it and give support..

Edited by Guest

I really don't understand the point you're trying to make. Sorry.

UDF List:

About what I asked, it does not matter (I edited in my previous posts in order to clean potential pollution),
I'll try to do it alone one day.

About my question, it also does not really matter but I would love to get answer the question in post 144

Is it convert the mp3 file to hybrid wav only once during the compile process or not?

If you did not understand the question, then drop it.
It's not worth the time in that case

Edited by Guest

It converts every time you play an MP3 file.

UDF List:

As I thought.
I suggested  that this process will happen once during the process of adding the file to the exe.

So it will save the need to do conversion every time you play mp3 file from resources.

I know that the user can do it manually (just burn a wav file with mp3 compression). but the code that convert mp3 to wav is exists and all need to be done is to do that the code which is burning the resources will use that code when it needed.

This solution should not be in _ResourcePlaySound(). it should be in the code that adding the resources.

I hope you understand my point even though my English.

Edited by Guest

Can't be done with this UDF, as that's not the role of this UDF, I mean adding resources to the executable.

UDF List:

Ok I understand..

I did not thought that it can not be done with this UDF.
But it makes sense .. I should note that before.

Anyway, it is a good suggestion for those who made the tool which adds resources to the exe

Edited by Guest

I would say it's not, as it means coders are becoming lazy.

UDF List:

I would say it's not, as it means coders are becoming lazy.

Considering this factor, you are correct .. :)

But with this approach I would not expect you to fix this problem

_ResourcePlaySound() plays only WAV files (not MP3 files) [FIXED]

With this wrong method (wrong because the method was done in the wrong place)

But I think it is related to the chat forum..
Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
hello guinness,
in the AutoIt3Wrapper directive i have:
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=img.bmp, RT_BITMAP, BMP_1, 0

in the gui section:
Local $iPic_1 = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 0, 0, 0, 0)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)

after GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) :
Local $hHBITMAP = _Resource_GetAsBitmap('BMP_1', $RT_BITMAP)
_Resource_SetBitmapToCtrlID($iPic_1, $hHBITMAP)

it loads ok at launching the gui but when I'm back from minimizing the gui the picture is gone
what can I do to get this to work

Thanks
Edited by Deye

Search the Forum for WM_PAINT.

UDF List:

Try to set the width / height of the picture control and it should work.

Local $iPic_1 = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 0, 0, 200, 100)

Here 200 is the width and 100 the height of the bitmap.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

@Deye

The problem with disappearing images is like Guinness says, has to do with the WM_PAINT event when doing a MIN / MAX of the Window.

Even more annoying is that if you fix this one, you are still stuck with the issue that if you do a Window Logo + D button combination to minimize all applications (showing the desktop). All images will be gone as well :)

To overcome this you will need to add the following :

In the GUIGetMsg() loop add a  $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE message to catch

; ...
Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE
   ; Redraw Binary Image When minimize / maximize / restore
   _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics1, $hBitmap1, 10, 10)
   _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics2, $hBitmap2, 450, 170)
; ....

To overcome the WinLOGO + D button erasing everything add a WM_PAINT event handler

; Register PAINT-Event for Win+D keypress or Min.All / MaximizeAll
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_PAINT, "_MY_PAINT")

; .....

; Event handler
Func _MY_PAINT($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam)

; ....
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics1, $hBitmap1, 10, 10)
_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics2, $hBitmap2, 450, 170)

_WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hwnd, "", "", BitOR($RDW_INVALIDATE, $RDW_UPDATENOW, $RDW_FRAME, $RDW_ALLCHILDREN))

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc ;==>MY_PAINT

Hopefully this helps

Rgds

ptrex

@ptrex: that's not correct in this case! If you are working with GDI+ and a graphic handle point to the GUI then you are absolutely right. But in this case the image was converted to a GDI bitmap and sent to the picture control.

If you have set the width / height to 0 then windows will redraw the picture with 0 width and height after min -> max!

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ