OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support (II)

water

Some other thinks to check:

Can you create a file in this directory by hand?

Could you try to create the PST in C:temp?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2024-07-28 - Version 1.6.3.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

water, i'm having a memory lapse and i think you can help. once upon a time (recently) i suggested automating Outlook security popup by listing windows instead of detecting text, so it is language-independent. i also uploaded the code i used. someone suggested an improvement on it by detecting only pop-up generated by Outlook, thus minimize the list of windows to check

now i want to follow up, but i can't find it anywhere in the forum  :huh2:

Edited by orbs

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Click on "Your profile" in the upper right corner of this page and select "My content". You get a list of all your posts. The needed should be easy to find.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2024-07-28 - Version 1.6.3.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hello Water, I am using your example for checking the mail when it arrives and that works super.

Now I would like to read also the e-mail sender adres for a previously item, which is highlighted.

Obviouly I cann't use "oOApp_NewMailEx($sOL_EntryId)" (because its not a new mail)

Trying to use _Ol_itemGet doesn't work, because I don't know what the entryid or object form the mail is.

I searched the forums, but cann't find the answer.

With auto3info.exe I can see the e-mailsender adress, but I think there might be a better way?

(I'm using outlook 2003, outlook 2010 en outlook 201 with exchang server)

Do you have any suggestions?

Can't test at the moment. Should be something like:

$oExp = $oOutlook.ActiveExplorer
$oSel = $oExp.Selection
For $i = 1 To $oSel.Count
    MsgBox(0, "", $oSel.Item($i).SenderEmailAddress)
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Use  $oOutlook = _OL_Open. This function handles all errors etc.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi, I have a script that downloads attachments from Outlook accounts for processing, but I have run into a problem, sometimes these attachments are themselves messages (they appear as .msg files after downloading)

How do I open them so that I can extract the attachments in those .msg files?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Use function _OL_ItemCreate and pass the msg file as template.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have been trying to find a script for creating a basic Outlook User profile using the %username%

I have been fighting between CMD commands and AutoIT to get the best results. Any Tips mate.

Outlook doesn't offer a way to create a profile using COM.

You can create a profile yourself and then call Outlook with the corresponding command line switch (/importprf prffilename).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad I could help :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Click on "Your profile" in the upper right corner of this page and select "My content". You get a list of all your posts. The needed should be easy to find.

didn't find it, searched manually thru all the topics in Example Scripts & Help and Support, lost my sanity, not sure i found it again... anyway i found a different method to detect the security warning - instead of comparing lists, i'm checking for every window with "Outlook" in it if it has exactly 1 combobox, and exactly 4 buttons, if so then it's a security warning which i can acknowledge.

(PS ok i know that it's not that interesting, but it is more reliable this way. i will post the full code shortly, i didn't find it on my disk-on-key i think i left it at home)

Spoiler

UDF:

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

Apps:

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

Did you search for >this post?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Did you search for >this post?

yeah, that's it!

i will make some further tests, but currently it seems that the security warning is not recognized as a popup, not even by _WinAPI_EnumWindowsPopup()

in this subject i will continue to post in the linked thread.

water, you are the one!

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps:

:D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki