OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support (II)

water

i stand corrected, i will make such a test and share the results.

however, in this case, the condition of Outlook being already running before the script launch is the planned scenario, and that's how it's going to be eventually in production. so anyway, i'm interested in your learnt opinion regarding who is the application who is actually executing the methods passed from my script to Outlook.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

This is how I understand it:

Outlook writes the item to disk when the corresponding method is called by _OL_ItemSave. So if the user who starts Outlook has no permission to write to the network share then _OL_ItemSave will fail.

Unfortunately Outlook doesn't allow to start a second instance (with elevated permissions).

I can only imagine to save the item to a local disk and then move it to the network share by the script (because of RunAs the script has the necessary permissions).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2024-07-28 - Version 1.6.3.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

yes i agree, in fact i implemented that as a workaround, and that was how i came to realize that it's a permission issue. it has some performance penalty though, which i hoped to avoid. but hey, you learn something new everyday :graduated:  thanks water

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Permissions can become very tricky. Sorry that there is no better solution!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2024-07-28 - Version 1.6.3.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

wow another amazing udf water - thanks again for your efforts to truly refine someone else's promising start!

i am trying to use _OL_ItemFind to search all folders including inbox, sent items, deleted items, and any folder...

how do i specify that?  or do i need to find out the names of the available folders then process each one?  and probably somehow report which folder each result is found in.

thanks again =)

Simply specify the root of all folders, your inbox.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

this only pulled items from Inbox and not anything under any folders

$aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Inbox", $olMail, "", "Subject", "Incident", "Subject,EntryID,ReceivedTime,SenderName,SenderEmailAddress,Size", "[ReceivedTime]")

:shifty:

Set parameter $iFlags to 1 and subfolders will be included in the search.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What if you change "*Inbox" to "*"?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

water,

I am trying to check if the user is using the laptop in online mode or offline mode (BTW, not really for Outlook but the issue is the database connection which require a network connection)

I try to verify this directly in outlook using _OL_AccountGet($oOutlook)

When Outlook is not started (but the laptop is docked on the network, I seem to have an inconsistency:

The first time that I start _OL_AccountGet($oOutlook), I get following result, 400 (offline)

AutoDiscoverConnectionMode|ExchangeConnectionMode

|1|400

When i immediately run the function again, I get 700 (Connected)

AutoDiscoverConnectionMode|ExchangeConnectionMode

|2|700

and so on if I do it consecutively

But if I wait for a minute or so I get again 400, and so on after I retry.

If I disconnect the network cable, I consistently get a 400, which makes sense of course.

and to be complete, when Outlook is opened and connected, I consistently get a 700.

First question, do you have the same effect on your Outlook (or is it Exchange)?

Any idea why Outlook reacts like this?

Can I trust the result? More precisely the second one ;)

ExchangeMailboxServerVersion: 14.2.298.4003

Thanks

GreenCan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

GreenCan,

unfortunately I have no notebook available I can test with and I'm not familiar with cached Exchange mode.

Looks like OlAutoDiscoverConnectionMode switches between internal and external mode.

Will need to goodle as soon as a I find some spare time ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi water,

Don't worry, I will search myself.  If I find an answer to the issue, i will come back to you.

GreenCan

Contributions

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

Joeit.

welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Glad you like what you see so far!

I noticed that the world became a better place since I started to post here in 2005 ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I noticed that the world became a better place since I started to post here in 2005 ;)

Or maybe....

There are people crazy enough to spent all there free-time watching new posts asking for Help.  These people have a kick being first to react similar to the one I have when biking off a hill at 80 km/h and nearly breaking my neck... :)

Contributions

That might be true if you change "all their free time" to "a lot of their free time". Because I'm one of those crazy guys who bikes down a hill at 80 km/h with his racing bike too :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Dear,

I am not in the office right now and unable to reply to your request.

I am on vacation driving down hills at 80 km/h.

Please don't call me because I cannot take the call right now.

I will be back on 29 july 2013.

If you need assistance, your local helpdesk (water) will help you with pleasure.

Cheers, read you back within a week

GreenCan

Contributions