Form Builder beta

BuckMaster

I am new to AutoIT so please go easy if I'm missing the obvious. I have been attempting to download the Form Builder and even the source, and keep getting errors. When I download just the Formbuilder.rar 124kb, it unzips to two files resources.dll and updater.exe, there are errors in the updater.exe when I run it. When I downloaded the source .au3 and try to compile it to .exe or just run it, it continually throws errors about missing #include files. I know there seem to be some differences in the versions of AutoIT in regards to the #includes. I am running vers 3.2 currently, thanks for any help in advance. C

Are you running AUTOIT version 3.2 or SCITE version 3.2? Because if you're new, as you say, then you would have had to have gone to the archives for a version that's 4.5 years old.

EDIT: By the way, the source code won't do you any good, because he uses non-standard includes that you'd have to search the forum for to be able to compile or run the source script.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Yes, my mistake SciTE 3.2. I'm not near computer this minute to recheck the AutoIT version, but it is the most recent. The non-standard #includes explains the compile errors then. Why am I having the issues of the form builder.rar not working and giving me the updated.exe error? Ideas?

Edited by clm

Sounds to me like it might be related to your AV software because there is more than just 2 files in the rar archive. It worked for me when I downloaded it, so perhaps there's something on your computer preventing it from downloading and/or running correctly.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The download link from page 1 works fine here.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2024-07-28 - Version 1.6.3.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

New Update!! Version 1.0.2 beta

• Modified how controls and windows are named when created
  • New way to create controls, Left Click is click and drag to auto resize, Right Click creates the control at a standard size
  • Many improvements with Script Writing and Bi-Directional parsing
  • New Controls can be typed in by adding a line before GUISetState()
  • Ctrl + V is now a shortcut for importing the clipboard
  • Improved Script Importing
  • New and improved debug mode
  • Fixed bug with grid blocking control selection
  • Improved typing detection
  • Case statements can be added in script
  • New Function Mode, now uses script instead of a popup window
  • Added control Tip in Control data area
  • Added Control Grouping and Group Resizing
  • Cleaned up script
* When importing script with Ctrl+V do not paste it into the script area, click on the window you wish to import the script into.

I switched to a new file sharing website again, If anyone has problems with this one please say,

This site has a 30 second wait but hopefully it works better.

Form Builder Source

- The source file I release is not meant to be used as the program,

I do not include all of the source files and includes needed to run the program,

I release it mainly for learning :)

Edited by BuckMaster

BuckMaster,

Why not try ge.tt?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections() • _AlwaysRun() • _AppMon() • _AppMonEx() • _ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce • _BinaryBin() • _CheckMsgBox() • _CmdLineRaw() • _ContextMenu() • _ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor() • _DesktopDimensions() • _DisplayPassword() • _DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload() • _Fibonacci() • _FileCompare() • _FileCompareContents() • _FileNameByHandle() • _FilePrefix/SRE() • _FindInFile() • _GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor() • _GetConrolID() • _GetCtrlClass() • _GetDirectoryFormat() • _GetDriveMediaType() • _GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt() • _GetHardwareID() • _GetIP() • _GetIP_Country() • _GetOSLanguage() • _GetSavedSource() • _GetStringSize() • _GetSystemPaths() • _GetURLImage() • _GIFImage() • _GoogleWeather() • _GUICtrlCreateGroup() • _GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_CreateArray() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt() • _GUICtrlListView_SaveXML() • _GUICtrlMenu_Recent() • _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage() • _GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray() • _GUIDisable() • _GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle() • _GUIRegisterMsg() • _GUISetIcon() • _Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set() • _IdleTime() • _InetGet() • _InetGetGUI() • _InetGetProgress() • _IPDetails() • _IsFileOlder() • _IsGUID() • _IsHex() • _IsPalindrome() • _IsRegKey() • _IsStringRegExp() • _IsSystemDrive() • _IsUPX() • _IsValidType() • _IsWebColor() • _Language() • _Log() • _MicrosoftInternetConnectivity() • _MSDNDataType() • _PathFull/GetRelative/Split() • _PathSplitEx() • _PrintFromArray() • _ProgressSetMarquee() • _ReDim() • _RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock() • _ScrollingCredits • _SelfDelete() • _SelfRename() • _SelfUpdate() • _SendTo() • _ShellAll() • _ShellFile() • _ShellFolder() • _SingletonHWID() • _SingletonPID() • _Startup() • _StringCompact() • _StringIsValid() • _StringRegExpMetaCharacters() • _StringReplaceWholeWord() • _StringStripChars() • _Temperature() • _TrialPeriod() • _UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate() • _WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE() • _WinAPI_CreateGUID() • _WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString() • Au3 script parsing • AutoIt Search • AutoIt3 Portable • AutoIt3WrapperToPragma • AutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle() • Coding • DirToHTML5 • FileInstallr • FileReadLastChars() • GeoIP database • GUI - Only Close Button • GUI Examples • GUICtrlDeleteImage() • GUICtrlGetBkColor() • GUICtrlGetStyle() • GUIEvents • GUIGetBkColor() • Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse() • IsISBN() • LockFile() • Mapping CtrlIDs • OOP in AutoIt • ParseHeadersToSciTE() • PasswordValid • PasteBin • Posts Per Day • PreExpand • Protect Globals • Queue() • Resource Update • ResourcesEx • SciTE Jump • Settings INI • SHELLHOOK • Shunting-Yard • Signature Creator • Stack() • Stopwatch() • StringAddLF()/StringStripLF() • StringEOLToCRLF() • VSCROLL • WM_COPYDATA • More Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

hi, great work !

my 2 cents.

If Not StringInStr($CmdLineRaw,"/ErrorStdOut") Then Exit MsgBox(0,@ScriptName,"please run from Editor",10)

#include <Array.au3>

Local $x , $t = TimerInit()
Local $aArray[21][2]
For $x = 1 to 1000
LongCode( $aArray )
Next
ConsoleWrite("- Long code 1000 times: "&TimerDiff($t)&@CRLF)

Local $aArray[21][2]
$t = TimerInit()
For $x = 1 to 1000
ShortCode( $aArray )
Next
ConsoleWrite("- Short code 1000 times: "&TimerDiff($t)&@CRLF)
_ArrayDisplay($aArray,"Short code")

Func ShortCode( ByRef $a )
Local $x,$y
For $x = 1 To UBound($a) -1
For $y = 0 To UBound($a,2) -1
$a[$x][$y] = 0
Next
Next
$a[0][0] = UBound($a) -1
$a[0][1] = ""
EndFunc

Func LongCode( ByRef $hDrawArray )
Dim $hDrawArray[21][2]
$hDrawArray[0][0] = 20
$hDrawArray[1][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[1][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[2][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[2][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[3][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[3][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[4][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[4][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[5][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[5][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[6][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[6][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[7][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[7][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[8][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[8][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[9][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[9][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[10][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[10][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[11][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[11][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[12][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[12][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[13][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[13][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[14][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[14][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[15][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[15][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[16][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[16][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[17][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[17][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[18][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[18][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[19][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[19][1] = 0
$hDrawArray[20][0] = 0
$hDrawArray[20][1] = 0
EndFunc

- Long code 1000 times: 52.2621374114675
- Short code 1000 times: 92.7876001864634

not much diference for the time it takes, anyways, like your code, thanks.

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Developers

hi, great work !

my 2 cents.

- Long code 1000 times: 52.2621374114675
- Short code 1000 times: 92.7876001864634

not much diference for the time it takes, anyways, like your code, thanks.

Try this version of the Func and check the speed :)

Func ShortCode(ByRef $a)
    Local $x, $y, $d1 , $d2
    $d1 = UBound($a) - 1
    $d1 = UBound($a, 2) - 1
    For $x = 1 To $d1
        For $y = 0 To $d2
            $a[$x][0] = 0
            $a[$x][0] = 0
        Next
    Next
    $a[0][0] = UBound($a) - 1
    $a[0][1] = ""
EndFunc   ;==>ShortCode

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@BuckMaster,

Great project ! :graduated:

Some points of advise :

- Consider just using dropbox as a place to share your files. Easy to use for everyone, create a folder put your files in there and share the public link to that folder.

- A one block script of + 1700 lines is suicide to maintain ! Try to split your main script into blocks of logic code that is meant to be together.

Change of behaviour noticed?

Last version seems not anymore to be able to resize the code window at the bottom (Gui spitter doesn't work any more).

Have a nice year end !

Rgds

ptrex

Holy guacamole! This is the most ambitious AutoIt project I have encountered. I am truly impressed! You have some really great ideas and I have been playing with it for a bit today. This may just replace Koda and that's saying something! Of the new features, I most love the item alignment & spacing and GDI+ tools. Those will really come in handy. I found a couple bugs from the first post, then I found your latest version and they have been fixed.

I spent months writing a 2,500 line program for my company. This project is 17,000 lines of code. I can't even imagine how much time and effort you have put into this. My hat is off to you!

@guinness - Thanks for recommending ge.tt it looks alot better and doesnt make you wait to download :)

@argumentum and Jos - Thanks for your improvements, it will be in the next version!

@ptrex - I didnt know you could share files publicly with dropbox, I will have to look into that,

I know i should break up my script up into smaller blocks, 17,500 lines of code is a little scary to look at.

Do you recommend that I separate it into different include files or should i create more code regions?

I know there is currently a bug moving the script divider and im working on fixing it,

it doesnt happen all the time but for now if you cant move it try clicking the Treeview and try again

Func ShortCode(ByRef $a)
Local $x, $y, $d1 , $d2
$d1 = UBound($a) - 1
$d2 = UBound($a, 2) - 1
For $x = 1 To $d1
For $y = 0 To $d2
$a[$x][$y] = 0
.... ....

- Long code 1000 times: 52.1930136388927
- Short code 1000 times: 61.6147245906077

wow, best advise ever, thanks Jos

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Once again, Thanks for sharing!

NOTE - My first AutoIt download for 2013 ... made me create the 2013 folder, for which all my downloads for the rest of the year will go in ... but also within Month and Day sub-folders ( ...My Downloads20130101AutoItForm Builder beta ).

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Moderators

Func ShortCode(ByRef $a)
Local $x, $y, $d1 , $d2
$d1 = UBound($a) - 1
$d1 = UBound($a, 2) - 1
For $x = 1 To $d1
For $y = 0 To $d2
$a[$x][0] = 0
$a[$x][0] = 0
Next
Next
$a[0][0] = UBound($a) - 1
$a[0][1] = ""
EndFunc ;==>ShortCode

Jos, look at your $d1 for the 2nd dimension declaration. Pretty sure you meant that to be $d2 = UBound($a, 2) - 1

Edit:

oops, argumentum caught it.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

Jos, look at your $d1 for the 2nd dimension declaration. Pretty sure you meant that to be $d2 = UBound($a, 2) - 1

Yeap .... good catch :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)