tcpTrapSMTP 0.2024.10.11

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wanted to download a portable eMail server but didn't find one.
So I wrote one that gets the eMail and ... nothing. It just changes the color of the tray icon. 
No users, no passwords, just send to this and it'll say, "ok: got it".

My idea is like a SNMP (UDP) trap but for TCP. So you'd get the eMail alerts from the device ( TrueNAS in my case ) and ... keep'em there. Better than flooding you eMail box from your secured on-line eMail provider, when setup to send "info" instead of "warning" level information.

Again, this just keeps them as dumps. But it may be a good start for your own coding :)

Note: This accepts all that is thrown at it on port 25. For experimental local network use only.

Installation and usage: ( for those running the compiled version )
Make a folder and drop the EXE there. Run it as user level ( no need for admin ).
Let your firewall have traffic for the EXE and/or port 25 ( same I guess, I don't use firewalls ).
Once running you'll see the icon in the tray area. Right click for the options menu, or
  double click the icon to open the message folder and reset the counter back to zero.
You know that there is/are new messages by looking at the icon. If is color green ( no messages ), is color red ( new messages ).
Mouse over the icon to see the last count of received messages.

To uninstall, exit the EXE and delete the folder.

Edited by argumentum

What's New in Version 0.2024.10.11

Released

Didn't use UTF8. Fixed.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.