Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

OK. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

How OCD can I be about the help file? There's about a thousand issues in it that are nipping at my sides.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

How OCD can I be about the help file? There's about a thousand issues in it that are nipping at my sides.

By all means if there are problems then report them, though only do so here not Trac, a thousand issues is going to flood Trac. If you feel an example is lacking structure then provide a better example and I'll update it accordingly. I'm slowly but surely changing the native examples to have improved comments but this is done in my spare time.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

By all means if there are problems then report them, though only do so here not Trac, a thousand issues is going to flood Trac. If you feel an example is lacking structure then provide a better example and I'll update it accordingly. I'm slowly but surely changing the native examples to have improved comments but this is done in my spare time.

Just take what he says with a couple extra grains of salt. We've all seen his failings at English and life.

Just take what he says with a couple extra grains of salt. We've all seen his failings at English and life.

Well I'm hoping he has something because I hate be taken for a fool.

UDF List:

guinness

I changed a few examples (Ru) of the UDF, but it's hard because a lot of examples. Examples made for "_WinAPI_SetParent" and "_WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics".

It's hard how? I will have a look at your updates but because these are for your Ru version it's going to require a bit of re-write and I see you're using Dim in some.

UDF List:

Major problems:

There are missing Extended Styles of: WS_EX_NOACTIVATE, WS_EX_RTLREADING, WS_EX_RIGHT, WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY , and WS_EX_LEFTSCROLLBAR in the documentation. I have not checked, but I do not think they even have AutoIt ExStyle Variables in the include file.

Secondly, the documentation value of $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG is not correct. This value belongs to WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT.

Minor Problems: 250 and counting, see future posts.

Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

I'll be making posts for each page that has problems for easier management and updates, as the time I have is also limited and replies will most likely be posted and edits ignored.

Introduction Page Problems:

• Favorite is spelled in British English ("Favourite") instead of American English
  • Customized is spelled in British English ("Customised") instead of American English
  • "application with no reliance on massive runtimes like" should be changed to "application with no reliance on massive runtimes such as"
Edited by rcmaehl

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

I'll be making posts for each page that has problems for easier management and updates, as the time I have is also limited and replies will most likely be posted and edits ignored.

Introduction Page Problems:

• Favorite is spelled in British English ("Favourite") instead of American English
  • Customized is spelled in British English ("Customised") instead of American English
  • "application with no reliance on massive runtimes like" should be changed to "application with no reliance on massive runtimes such as"
Done. I did question a while ago what is the preferred language, but since all native functions centre (or center) around American English, it seems only logical so should the documentation. Thanks.

UDF List:

This post contains two pages as the first page only has two issues.

Installation Directory Page Problems:

• Shrinks is misspelled ("Shinks")
  • "command line executable and an help file" should be changed to "command line executable and a help file"
Frequently Asked Questions Page Problems:

• "possible but very very difficult" should be changed to "possible but very difficult"
  • "I promise you, once you have got the hang of such things you" should be changed to "I promise you that once you have got the hang of such things, you"
  • "contents of a variable then be mindful" should be changed to "contents of a variable, be mindful"
  • "when CTRL+ALT+x is pressed" should be changed to "when the keys CTRL+ALT+x are pressed"
  • "button that enable you to" should be changed to "button that enables you to"
Edited by rcmaehl

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

Some of your suggestions are exchanging punctuation for words which is not necessary. The hotkey "correction" introduces a tautology. One change replaces an awkward sentence with a modified awkward sentence.

Some of your suggestions are exchanging punctuation for words which is not necessary. The hotkey "correction" introduces a tautology. One change replaces an awkward sentence with a modified awkward sentence.

I would've worded it 'when the combination CTRL+ALT+x is pressed'

UDF List:

Installation Directory Page Problems:

Shrinks is misspelled ("Shinks")

"command line executable and an help file" should be changed to "command line executable and a help file"

Done. I opted for 'reduces' and 'Contains the SQLite command line executable and help file.' Same applies to the FAQ. Thanks.

UDF List:

Also somewhat redundant. Do as you wish.

OK.

I will tackle the FAQ at a later date as it's a little outdated.

UDF List:

This post contains multiple pages as each page only has a small number of issues.

Running Scripts Page Issues:

• "Execute an compiled" should be changed to "Execute a compiled" (Note: This is also seen in the Command Line Parameters Page)
AutoIt On Windows Vista Page Issues:
  • Administrator is misspelled ("adminstrator")
Script Editors Page Issues:

• Separately is misspelled ("seperately")
Compiling Scripts Page Issues:

• "This format allow to distribute smaller files" should be changed to "This format allows to distributing smaller files"
AutoIt Window Info Tool Page Issues:

• Color is spelled in British English ("Colour") instead of American English
  • "To manage some warnings/errors that can not be avoid some specific directive can be included in the script." should be translated better
AutoIt Title and Text (Advanced) Page Issues:

• "windows assigns" should be changed to "Microsoft Windows assigns" as it is referring to the Operating System which is a proper noun (Note: A similar instance of this occurs within the Controls page)
My First Script Page Issues:

• Organized is spelled in British English ("Organised") instead of American English
  • "To run the script simply" should be changed to "To run the script, simply"
  • "Remember, if you want to use more than one flag value then" should be changed to "Remember, if you want to use more than one flag value, then"
Simple Notepad Automation Page Issues:

• "some text appear" should be changed to "some text appears"
String Regular Expression Page Issues:

• Unraveling is spelled in British English ("unravelling") instead of American English
  • Readable is misspelled ("readible")

A small note to Valik:

I've only failed at social English. If it is a requirement that I use correct sentence structure and grammar, I will do so. If correct sentence structure and grammar is not required, or is lenient, I prefer to save myself time and use common, although generally incorrect or improper, structuring and spelling. It prevents intimidation or anger that commonly and illogically occurs when typing things such as this message.

Edited by rcmaehl

My Projects

WhyNotWin11